An idea for Cemetech:
Emails to username@cemetech.net should arrive in their PM inbox.
except for spam.
That's a rather intriguing idea, but one that would fill up Kerm's space rather quickly if misused I think. Could be wrong though.
A better idea: just e-mail people directly.
tifreak8x wrote:
That's a rather intriguing idea, but one that would fill up Kerm's space rather quickly if misused I think. Could be wrong though.
Yeah, that would have a lot of potential for abuse. If individual people are interested in blah@this domain addresses, I might be willing to oblige, but on a limited basis.
EMail->IM should only be enabled as an opt-in ability so you don't get spam (only if you don't want it). It should be disabled on default.

I can see its potentials...

(spam can also be limited by having an 'accepted' list of email addresses, others will be blocked. Just an idea)
There are no potentials. It's needless and dumb.
allynfolksjr wrote:

For once, I'm with nikky.
elfprince13 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

For once, I'm with nikky.

Same here. I don't see it's usefulness.
Told you.
I think we can agree that this idea should be shelved for now.
*forever
<.<
I thought it might be a nice idea, something to facilitate CC'ing a bunch of emails and PM inboxes simultaneously.
A great example of what happens when I fail to keep up with my own topics Razz
In general, forums aren't considered a "trusted" medium where we want to allow users to bulk mail each other.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours