Hey, currently trying to add an IC of my own to the list of IC's in a Minecraft plugin called Falsebook.

Here's my attempt at a brief explanation of falsebook and it's IC's. Falsebook is a general mechanics plugin for MC, and allows certain things to be made, like gates IC's are things that can either affect redstone or the server. IC's can compute logic to make large circuits in redstone significantly smaller, can edit blocks, or even change the time of day in your minecraft server. The original was CraftBook, as far as I know, however they still are updating their transition to Bukkit, so Gemoschen (developer of FalseBook) created FalseBook since they're taking so long. It currently has around 55 IC's and supports many of the things that CraftBook had, and many that weren't in CraftBook.

Anyways, Gemoschen is currently on vacation, and won't see any requests for a while. So I was hoping to create an IC of my own.

Falsebook has a certain IC (mc0230: Self-Triggered Is-It-Day Check) which I was hoping to modify so I can check if it is between two given times of the day.

I figured, since I only half know what I'm doing, that I was going to have to deconstruct other code, so I picked two IC's that I figured would be perfect. First there's mc0230, Self-Triggered Is-It-Day Check, so I can get the code for when it's checking against the server's time. And Secondly, mc0262, Self-Triggered Light Sensor, because it uses an input line like I would need one.

Now, since I couldn't find a link to the source code myself, I don't know whether I should or shouldn't post code here. Any suggestions?
If you do find the source code, I think a Pastebin wouldn't be the end of the world. And yes, I'm pretty sure this would be trivial.
Thanks, just wanted to be sure.

mc0230 source code
mc0262 source code
It appears that this IC, MC0230, already does what you are wanting. The code says that it checks if lines 3 and 4's lengths are greater than zero, and if so, compares the time against them instead of the hardcoded values.
_player1537 wrote:
It appears that this IC, MC0230, already does what you are wanting. The code says that it checks if lines 3 and 4's lengths are greater than zero, and if so, compares the time against them instead of the hardcoded values.
Indeed, that's what I'm seeing as well. Any thoughts on that, Mufin? Have you tried it?
It accepts those lines as extra inputs, and doing:

Code:

[mc0230]

seems to work. I've been mostly waiting on tests for the other time settings, like doing 0-12000 or 12000-24000, but they haven't come back yet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours