I'm currently developing a program for the TI-83+/84+/SE family that solves the logic for a Boolean logic gate chosen at the Main Menu. It is planned to have the following Logic Gates:
AND,NAND,OR,NOR,XOR,XNOR,NOT. More may be added later(if they exist or not, I'm not 100% great in this topic). This is a simple BASIC program, and is estimated at around 900 bytes.

The program will be released to the public in version 1.00 when all initial logic gates are implemented. Progress shown below.

EDIT: A while back, I made a program that basically is a documentation of all the logic gates. It defined the logic gate's requirements for "true" and even gave examples (1 and 1=1 etc.). I will also include that file with this project.

Progress:
Done! Now debugging before public release.

Debug:
-Fixed a SERIOUS runtime bug that renders the program useless. I typed the program with SourceCoder, and I didn't use the correct format for Output(). Therefore, it was rendered as text and a terrible bug formed. This has been fixed.
-Fixed yet another serious runtime bug. The "Pause" function while writing did not have a space, therefore rendering it as text and screwing up any Pause function. Fixed. Bumping version to 1.1.

When the program is released, please post what you think about it and what logic gates should be added.
I'm going to hope that you are making your own main menu code, rather than relying on the TI Basic Menu( command. Or, of course, using the DCS Basic Libs' Menu( command. Or, even better, using the DCS Basic Libs to make an entire GUI that does this. I think the last one would be the most challenging and look the best Smile
_player1537 wrote:
I'm going to hope that you are making your own main menu code, rather than relying on the TI Basic Menu( command. Or, of course, using the DCS Basic Libs' Menu( command. Or, even better, using the DCS Basic Libs to make an entire GUI that does this. I think the last one would be the most challenging and look the best Smile

And yet, I STILL don't know how to do that so the initial version will sadly use the TI-BASIC Menu. When I DO ffind out how to do that, I'll release it as 2.0. Deal?

EDIT: I also want this to be accessible to people who don't have DCS, so version 1 and 2 will be the same except for the GUI.
Why? It is their loss for not using DCS, you're just gently prodding them to it. And, when you do make a GUI, if you don't get it at first, it might be best to read one of Sonlen's 200 threads about it. (And, of course, dcs.cemetech.net)
_player1537 wrote:
Why? It is their loss for not using DCS, you're just gently prodding them to it. And, when you do make a GUI, if you don't get it at first, it might be best to read one of Sonlen's 200 threads about it. (And, of course, dcs.cemetech.net)

I'm still not quite done with 1.0, but when I do finish it, it'll use the standard Menu(). But I'll make sure users upgrading to 2.0 will need DCS otherwise they can't use it. A little business tactic, I guess.

EDIT: Good point. I think I'll finish the version as it is, NOT release it, and then fix it to use the DCS menu function.
If they both have the same features, except one requires them to install a 3 page app, how many would actually switch? You should make it DCS from the start, imho.
You should also create a Doors CS icon for your program, to make it look different. Also, never use the the standard Menu() since it forces you to use labels, which may cause memory leaks.
souvik1997 wrote:
You should also create a Doors CS icon for your program, to make it look different. Also, never use the the standard Menu() since it forces you to use labels, which may cause memory leaks.

My god. The entire program IS labels. and I have no idea to use the DCS menu function.
Wait, regarding your edited post that says that you are using DCS Menus, I was specifically saying that you should make your own GUI. IMHO, the DCS Basic Menus aren't that great, especially compared to a well thought-out GUI.
_player1537 wrote:
Wait, regarding your edited post that says that you are using DCS Menus, I was specifically saying that you should make your own GUI. IMHO, the DCS Basic Menus aren't that great, especially compared to a well thought-out GUI.

That would take a LOT of space, with all the getkey stuff. I think that in that case the TI Menu() function would be better, since I suck at making GUI's.
You shouldn't worry about space if the program is that small. Using the DCS GUI can make your program look a lot better and easier to use, at the cost of a few more bytes.
GUI's in pure BASIC aren't too difficult. At the risk of being mistaken for self-promotion...

My best advice from that project is to avoid any sort of "mouse" in place of a simple text cursor type element.
With the DCS GUI, you don't need to worry about the mouse, as Doors CS does pretty much everything for you. It's also really easy to create good-looking menus, and it allows you to have a consistent GUI throughout your program without much effort.
souvik1997 wrote:
With the DCS GUI, you don't need to worry about the mouse, as Doors CS does pretty much everything for you. It's also really easy to create good-looking menus, and it allows you to have a consistent GUI throughout your program without much effort.

I just need someone to straight out say the syntax. I've looked through the SDK, and honestly I don't understand what function is what.
Chances are, you aren't looking in the right place. Try this link: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:PushGUIStack After you read that, ask some questions Smile (And looking for Sonlen's topics Wink )
_player1537 wrote:
If they both have the same features, except one requires them to install a 3 page app, how many would actually switch? You should make it DCS from the start, imho.
3 page app but the program looks much better and is much easier to use, though. Wink Regarding the DCS SDK, ask questions, and do you need example code/
Exactly. But most people are going to be put back by the size, so we need more pretty programs to get people to switch Very Happy
_player1537 wrote:
Exactly. But most people are going to be put back by the size, so we need more pretty programs to get people to switch Very Happy
Definitely. I think that programs like Document DE for the practical people and Gossamer for us geeks are good steps in that direction. Qwerty, that's excellent, but think how much cleaner it could be with DCS GUIRHotspots!
How eerie, I spent my last week writing a program on NAND logic. Laughing

So as to not step on the toes of this thread, I'll make a new topic once I'm done writing about it in greater detail. Smile
Weregoose wrote:
How eerie, I spent my last week writing a program on NAND logic. 0x5

So as to not step on the toes of this thread, I'll make a new topic once I'm done writing about it in greater detail. Smile
Superb, I'll look very forward to that. Carpo, I accepted your update into the archives.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours