So yeah, I'm currently at 2.0.13, and I've decided it's time to get 2.0.18, the latest phpBB release. I thought I would have to manually find all the upgrades and do it myself because of the heavily modded files, but I luckily discovered a unix patch app mentioned in the phpBB upgrade docs that will do the upgrade for me. Hopefully I can get to this tomorrow or Tuesday.
Awsome Very Happy , So what is going to be differant about the forums? More efficiant? Dont think it can be, its fine how it is. Efficiantly.

-Swivel
http://www.phpbb.com wrote:
l.i. Changes since 2.0.17

* [Fix] incorrect handling of password resets if admin activation is enabled (Bug #88)
* [Fix] retrieving category rows in index.php (Bug #90)
* [Fix] improved index performance by determining the permissions before iterating through all forums (Bug #91)
* [Fix] wrong topic redirection after login redirect (Bug #94)
* [Fix] improved handling of username lists in admin_ug_auth.php (Bug #98)
* [Fix] incorrect removal of bbcode_uid values if bbcode has been turned off (Bug #100)
* [Fix] correctly preview signature if editing other users posts (Bug #101)
* [Fix] incorrect alt tag on generated search images in groupcp.php, viewtopic.php and usercp_viewprofile.php (Bug #102)
* [Fix] consistent forum ordering in all dropdown boxes (Bug #106)
* [Fix] correctly get compression status in page_tail.php and page_footer_admin.php (Bug #117)
* [Fix] set page title on summary page of groupcp.php (bug #125)
* [Fix] correctly test style and avatar in usercp_register.php (bug #129 and #317)
* [Fix] handling of reactivation notifications if admin activation is enabled (Bug #145)
* [Fix] handling of both forms of translation information used in language packs (Bug #159)
* [Fix] key length for activation keys fixed in usercp_sendpassword.php (Bug #171)
* [Fix] use GENERAL_MESSAGE constant in message_die instead of MESSAGE (Bug #176)
* [Fix] incorrect handling of move stubs (Bug #179)
* [Fix] wrong mode_type in memberlist (Bug #187)
* [Fix] SQL errors when setting maximum PMs to 0 (Bug #188)
* [Fix] removed unused variable from topic_notify email template (Bug #210)
* [Fix] removed unset variable from smilies popup window title (Bug #224)
* [Fix] removed duplicate template assignment from admin_board.php (Bug #226)
* [Fix] incorrect search link for guest posts in modcp.php (Bug #254)
* [Fix] all users removed from topics watch table on special occassions (Bug #271)
* [Fix] correctly check returned value from strpos in append_sid function (Bug #275)
* [Fix] correctly display username in private message notification (Bug #278)
* [Fix] fixed "var-by-ref" errors (Bug #322)
* [Fix] changed redirection to installation (Bug #325)
* [Fix] added timout of 10 seconds to version check (Bug #348)
* [Fix] fixed user_level default in postgresql schema file (Bug #444)
* [Fix] multiple minor HTML issues with subSilver
* [Change] deprecated the use of some PHP 3 compatability functions in favour of the native equivalents
* [Change] added 60 days limit for grabbing unread topics in index.php
* [Sec] backport of session keys system from olympus
* [Sec] fixed email bans to use the same pattern as email validation and allow wildcard domain bans
* [Sec] fixed validation of topic type when posting
* [Sec] unset database password once it is no longer needed
* [Sec] fixed potential to select images outside the specified path as avatars or smilies
* [Sec] fix globals de-registration code for PHP5 - (Stefan Esser/Matt Kavanagh)
* [Sec] changed avatar gallery code sections to prevent possible injection points (AnthraX101)
* [Sec] signature field is not properly sanitised for user input when an error occurs while accessing the avatar gallery (AnthraX101)
* [Sec] check to_username and ownership when editing a PM (AnthraX101)
* [Sec] fixed ability to edit PM's you did not send (depablo84)
* [Sec] compare imagetype on avatar uploading to match the file extension from uploaded file

l.ii. Changes since 2.0.16

* Added extra checks to the deletion code in privmsg.php - reported by party_fan
* Fixed XSS issue in IE using the url BBCode
* Fixed admin activation so that you must have administrator rights to activate accounts in this mode - reported by ieure
* Fixed get_username returning wrong row for usernames beginning with numerics - reported by Ptirhiik
* Pass username through phpbb_clean_username within validate_username function - AnthraX101
* Fixed PHP error in message_die function
* Fixed incorrect generation of {postrow.SEARCH_IMG} tag in viewtopic.php - reported by Double_J
* Also fixed above issue in usercp_viewprofile.php
* Fixed incorrect setting of user_level on pending members if a group is granted moderator rights - reported by halochat
* Fixed ordering of forums on admin_ug_auth.php to be consistant with other pages
* Correctly set username on posts when deleting a user from the admin panel

l.iii. Changes since 2.0.15

* Fixed critical issue with highlighting - Discovered and fix provided by Ron van Daal
* Url descriptions able to be wrapped over more than one line again
* Fixed bug with eAccelerator in admin_ug_auth.php
* Check new_forum_id for existence in modcp.php - alessnet
* Prevent uploading avatars with no dimensions - Xpert
* Fixed bug in usercp_register.php, forcing avatar file removal without updating avatar informations within the database - HenkPoley
* Fixed bug in admin re-authentication redirect for servers not having index.php as one of their default files set

l.iv. Changes since 2.0.14

* Fixed moderator status removal in groupcp.php
* Removed newlines after ?> on some files - Thoul
* Added admin re-authentication (admin needs to login seperatly to access the ACP) - backported from Olympus
* Fixed vulnerability in url/bbcode handling functions - PapaDos and Paul/Zhen-Xjell from CastleCops
* Fixed issue in admin/admin_forums.php
* Suppressed warning message for fsockopen in /includes/smtp.php - Thoul
* Fixed bug in admin/admin_smilies.php (admin is able to add empty smilies) - Exy
* Adjusted documents to reflect the urgent need to update the files too (not only running the database update script)
* Updated the readme file
* Added one new language variable
* Added general error if accessing profile for a non-existent user
* Changed session id generation to be more unique - Henno Joosep
* Fixed bug in highlight code to escape characters correctly
* Reversed the 2.0.14 fix for postgresql because it produced more problems than it solves.
* Added reference to article written by R45 about case-sensitivity in postgreSQL to the readme file
* Fixed bypassing of validate_username on registration - Yen
* Empty url/img bbcodes no longer get parsed

l.v. Changes since 2.0.13

* Hardened author and keyword search a bit to not allow very server intensive searches
* Fixed full path disclosure in bad word parsing
* Resetting complete userdata array in session code if authentication fails
* Fixed bug in moderator control panel where certain parameters could lead to an "error creating new session" sql error
* Fixed bug in session code where empty page ids could lead to an "error creating new session" sql error
* Fixed html handling in signatures if html is turned off globally
* Fixed install.php problem with PHP5 register_long_arrays option turned off
* Fixed potential issues with styling system
* Added correct class to login_body template file
* Removed file db/oracle.php from package
* Removed version number from message body page in /admin (if user is not an admin) - mikelbeck
* Fixed case-sensitivity issues in postgres7.php - R45
Surprised Um, Wow. Do you expect me to read that? lol, Thats crazy!

-Swivel
Just assume that long post = good idea to upgrade and you'll get the gist of it. Smile
I read it all Sad
I did it, but now I can't get to the admin cp...can you?
If it's a huge problem, I can just restore the old site backup.

Edit:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=346944

Edit2:
I resolved it myself. Smile
Maybe adding a VLPT (Very Long Post Truncator) wouldn't be a bad idea either...?
Sounds like a good idea. Got a url?
No. I was kidding, in case you didn't realize that. Razz
phpBB needs better string functions. Sad
Indeed. Anyone know where I can get something equivalent to the IPB function that shows spiders and bots with their associated name in the online users?
This should help: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/mod_search.php
Checkout the new bbcode I installed.

wow this is worthless Laughing

(you better add BBCode syntax highlighting to SC2!)
Other than SC2 it probably will just detract from the forum's readability and induce some seizures Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
wow this is worthless Laughing

(you better add BBCode syntax highlighting to SC2!)

Old news. Smile

it's:
[sup][ /sup]
[sub][ /sub]
[rainbow][ /rainbow]
[h1][ /h1] through [h6][ /h6]

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours