I'm not usually one to pay a lot of attention to sites/services which allow you to stream music (Pandora, Grooveshark), nor whatever social network happens to be 'in' at the moment (I still lack a twitter account of any sort), but Turntable seems to find a very interesting niche.

Here's myself and ParkerR lurking a bit:

The site provides a platform for broadcasting music in which some number of denizens of the room get the opportunity to DJ at a time, rotating in a round-robin fashion. End result is that it can be a nice tool for learning about new music, or just rocking out to something that fits the theme of the room you've chosen. I find it's nice when I can't be bothered to figure out something specific in my collection to listen to, I can pick out a few good tracks and let others find something to put on.

You gain DJ points (which.. have no real purpose aside from showing how awesome you are) when others decide your tracks are 'Awesome', while if enough people think your selection is 'Lame', it will get skipped, giving someone else the chance to rock the room with more success.

The site's new enough that it's still somewhat in closed-beta mode, but you can get in if you have any friends on Facebook who are members, which shouldn't be difficult to arrange (especially if you're here, given I'm here and also a member).
That actually seems like it would be something fun for us to play with at some point, maybe for some HCWP ambiance when the discussion dies down? I hope to try it out soon.
This is something I can get behind. Smile
Oooh, that looks pretty fun. Smile
Raylin, for you to get behind it, wouldn't you have to actually attend HCWP one day? Smile
I might have to get merth to start a room with me for people with good tastes Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
I might have to get merth to start a room with me for people with good tastes Wink
You sir, have just crossed the line. Evil or Very Mad
I smell a DJ battle in the near future.
Now I wish I had my new computer. That looks awesome and much more organised than the other multi-user music streaming site i use (forgot the name of it X.x)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours