I am pleased to announce that after some rigorous Javascript coding sessions, I was able to add some new advanced editing features to SourceCoder. So far, I have completed the following:

:: Full clickable keybiard of a TI-83/+ for entering tokens and commands
:: Working menu system and partial frontend: click [2nd][Y=], for example, to put up the Plots menu, then click the "PLOTS TYPE MARK" row to advance as if [>] had been pressed
:: Line numbering: pressing enter in the textbox makes a linenumber automatically appear at the beginning of a new line, backspacing also deletes the entire line number and moves to the previous row.

::To Do: cross-browser (only works in mozilla/firefox), detection of attempted backspacing within line number, removal of line numbers before code is passed to recompiler, record arrow keys.

Other ideas in the works:

::Option to optimize code for size or speed, prompted by a heated argument on the forum.
Quote:
...keybiard...

Confused Laughing

Quote:
::Option to optimize code for size or speed, prompted by a heated argument on the forum.

ROFL

If we did have them, then this forum wouldn't be any fun! Very Happy

Great job btw...
TI-Freak8x wrote:

Confused Laughing

Looks good. I can't wait until the editing part is complete Wink Good Idea
Chipmaster wrote:
TI-Freak8x wrote:

Confused Laughing

Looks good. I can't wait until the editing part is complete Wink Good Idea

Hehe, good call. Nothing a little conflict can't liven up. Smile
Bah, I need a new keyboard, it sometimes doesn't pick up key presses. Sad
? What do you mean? Here or in SourceCoder?
BTW, the hard part of this is making it cross-browser compatible Razz
A couple posts above I meant to post didn't, not did. My keyboard sometimes decides it is time to take a break... Mad Laughing
so what if it don't work in IE, that is waht they get for running a second rate brower.
Yeah, but then all the IE n00bs will get annoyed. Razz
Just post a disclaimer saying that if it doesn't work, they should get Firefox.
Eh, ixnay. I'd like to though. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
BTW, the hard part of this is making it cross-browser compatible Razz

not really, just follow W3C specifications - Microsoft IS a partner in making the W3C specs, so if their browser can't cut it, then they are SOL. Maybe if every web developer did this, M$ would learn that they have to follow the rules too

Just keep validating it via the W3 validator until there are no errors/warnings (obviously, fix the errors/warnings it makes Laughing )
Yeah, but that's unfortunately not always the case. Sad
I need IE scripting, FF scripting, and "everything else" scripting.
rivereye wrote:
so what if it don't work in IE, that is waht they get for running a second rate brower.

But what about us running Opera??? Wink Sad
That would be part of the "everything else" scripting. Smile
Right, but my point was there are other browsers out there that are good quality and aren't supported. BTW only 7 more posts to go. Congrats Smile
Oh yeah, thanks. Smile
So yeah, I'd like to make it as intercompatible as possible.
Chipmaster wrote:
rivereye wrote:

But what about us running Opera??? Wink Sad

then you (like me! opera is sweet), would be considered a W3 standard browser, as FF, Safari, Konqueror, All-gecko-based, Opera, etc... (basically all non-IE browsers) all suport the latest and greatest standards very well, and therefore should appear the same

So Kerm's FF and "everything-else" really should be the same - so he should just dump the IE mode, and leave it in "standards" mode the whole time Wink
Hmm, but 85% of the world uses IE... Sad
yes, but 50% of TI programmers use firefox or the like

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours