So I have all the parts and spent the time putting in all the wires into the correct places but I have two problems that are happening.

The first one that I feel is the more important is that when I turn on the computer it won't show anything on the monitor. Ive tried both the built in graphics card and the one I put in and niether gave even the slightest hint that they will to project an image the screen.

Second is that when I hold the power button in it won't shut down at all leaving the only option to go to the power supply and turn it off.

GIGABYTE GA-880GM-D2H Mobo
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE CPU
Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
24x DVDRW
Thermaltake V3 BE Tower
HEC 585W Power Supply
PNY GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Does it POST when it boots up? If it doesn't, it's probably a defective motherboard or CPU. Try reseating the RAM and make sure you didn't forget to plug in any cables that you need.
I didn't remember any beeps so I just did a quick check. The only thing I heard regaurding a beeping noise was right on start up which didn't seem to be to easy to figure out so I will listen again when I can. After that it's just the tower fan making any noise. I double checked wiring and every cord has been used and leads to the correct spot.

I'm geussing this now must mean it's the motherboard.
Did you plug in the cable for the CPU fan and the cable that powers the CPU?
The CPU fan was plug in but I did find one spot on the motherboard that looked liked it needed a powercord. I managed to untangle a cord and plug it into that spot then on start up I got a countable 2 beeps. I also found out that after plugging in the cord I gained the ability to turn off the computer so I can thank you for that issue.

I can't figure out which BIOS I have other than it is Dual booted or that it has two BIOS one main and one backup.

EDIT: I found in the manual the two short beeps are telling me there is a "CMOS setting error"
I used the help of my manual and google to solve the monitor issue.

Thanks for your help as I probably still wouldn't have it running.
You should reset the CMOS by shorting the jumper that clears the CMOS, or you can reseat the battery in the motherboard.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm
I shorted the jumper and it all runs fine now. Again thank you for being helpful as I had started to worry if I had bought a large paper weight.
Huzzah, great job, Souvik! You're getting to be quite our hardware co-expert. Smile Fiveforce, why did you choose a Phenom instead of a Core iN? Price or other considerations?
Being I am on a tight Budget (Am currently not working) I had a few friends help in picking the best possible kit we could find and the Phenom came with that kit. The only thing that wasn't apart of that kit being the graphics card.

Before the kit I had been interested in the new I7 stuff but was kind of turned away by the prices I was seeing a that time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours