Wouldn't that be called an emulator?
not if all it did was run TI-BASIC, nbut you could call it that. It would just be like python or something
Personally if all I want to run is BASIC, I would use a calc and save myself the trouble.
Oh yeah Rolling Eyes
Kuro wrote:

no, it would be called an interperator.

Quote:
Personally if all I want to run is BASIC, I would use a calc and save myself the trouble.

...it was a joke to show that TI-BASIC could become faster than z80 ASM...(besides, something like this already exists, its called turning off the CPU limiter on a Z80 calc-emulator Wink )
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kuro wrote:

no, it would be called an interperator.

Although it basically does emulate a calc. I see what you mean, though.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Quote:

...it was a joke to show that TI-BASIC could become faster than z80 ASM...(besides, something like this already exists, its called turning off the CPU limiter on a Z80 calc-emulator Wink )

heheh. I just have to get a working emulator so I can do that. Laughing
*cough* PindurTI *cough* VTI *cough*

I've actually been responding to not every post lately. Tsk. Smile
yeah, what ever, also *cough*TILEM*cough*
Answer to all emulator suggestions: it doesn't work. Sad
WTF? You have a rom, right?
Yes, but TIlem refuses to find it.
[offtopic]500 posts! WOOT!! Very Happy [/offtopic]
you need to name it the way it says in the readme
I did. I think...
Wait a sec, is it 83+? IS it above 1.12?
84+SE. 2.21
did you load an OS image into the emulator
Do you mean ROM image? I've never heard of an OS image.
ok, you use ROM8x to get the rom and compile it, it goes to your emulator, then you load it, right click TILem, load file, and choose the OS file (from you 84+ CD or TI's Site)
Ah. Will do, eventually. I deleted TIlem after the last time I used it, so I have to go dl it again.
I think PindurTI is another good one for the 84's (I think*). You also need to have the gtk environment installed to use it Smile (Tilem that is)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours