A while ago I wrote:
In light of the recent news drought here on Cemetech, I thought I'd take the opportunity to remind you all that Cemetech does in fact have an IRC channel. You are highly encouraged to use it. Come and enjoy yourself on #ltwttf, where Kerm's iron fist of adminship is loosened and all are welcome to speak their mind. Engage yourself in high-brow intellectual conversations on any topic that crosses your mind, then watch the discussion slowly degrade into a pointless shouting match. Come for programming support for your latest project, stay to watch Kerm test out his new bot (I cannot reveal any more information regarding the bot - you must come see for yourself!). Indeed, the possibilities are endless on the Cemetech IRC channel. Just remember, the server is irc.efnet.net and the channel is #ltwttf (Leading the Way to the Future). See you on multiplayer notepad soon! --Jon

I'm glad to report that IRC activity has definitely increased in the past few weeks (though there's always room for more!). Here is one interesting IRC anecdote:
Quote:
[18:13] Merthsoft: I have a girlfriend...
[18:13] Merthsoft: I asked her out with my calc
[18:15] Merthsoft: She thought it was really sweet... Though I had written a song about her as well, and had the calc display the lyrics
[18:15] JonS: pity date
[18:15] jpez: hahahahahahhahahahah
[18:15] jpez: on one hand, it worked
[18:15] Merthsoft: Two month pity date?
[18:15] jpez: on the other hand.....
[18:16] jpez: you asked her out on a calculator
[18:16] jpez: but i guess that's a plus on this channel
Yup, I've been noticing some interesting phrases taught to my bot *cough* Jon *cough* Very Happy
I think your bot needs to be quiet, it is starting to get banned at channels
Oh? Lemme undo that then.
Edit: done, canyou unban her please? Smile
done, maybe you should have a special flag on your bot for people who can use it, like only +S can make lilidan say something
That would be cool...any idea how to do that?
not a clue, talk to Nikky_S or Arrdvarq, maybe someone else would know also. If you are using a windrop/eggdrop, then you can do a google search for eggdrop and there will be a lot of help for you there (just make sure the info is on the bot)
I found http://www.egghelp.org , which besides having a lot of tcl scripts also contains some good tutorials.
It's very annoying whenever you include the word cemetech in your message because Liadan invariably prints out its entire description and no one reads your message Sad
^^which is why I disabled that^^
Well, I hope you can figure it out
For now I have her silent, but I would like to make her talk with "what is..."
look throught the tcl, there might be something in there
I know, I added a line for the function but I guess it's not parsing right.
oh well, what can you do

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours