Now don't get too impressed, I didn't make a new skeleton or animations, it's still using the original blockland skeleton and the original animations. All I did was port it to milkshape(using shaper) and replace the parts with imported LDraw components. What is really cool about this, is not only can I change the colors around, but I(and anyone else who wants to) can also add any animations needed or wanted. Atm it's using the existing arms n crotch system to change the leg color(and the head/hands I swapped for one of them) while the torso and arms use the skin color. Eventually I hope to be able to use an IFL animation to swap colors on the legs, allowing the top and bottom halves of the figure to be customized independently, and use the arms/crotch system to instead change the head and hand colors.
Nice work. I'm working on converting all of my axis/angle rotations into Euler angles for the new player skeleton in FB.
I'm looking forward to having real independent part customization and coloring instead of the hacks we've used over the years.
DShiznit wrote:
I'm looking forward to having real independent part customization and coloring instead of the hacks we've used over the years.

1000 times this =)
Nice work, DShiznit, although I find the female minifig's proportions to be somewhat...exaggerated. Razz Elfprince, can't wait for your successes on that front.
KermMartian wrote:
Nice work, DShiznit, although I find the female minifig's proportions to be somewhat...exaggerated. Razz Elfprince, can't wait for your successes on that front.

That's actually not a separate minifig, but an accessory item that can be applied to any player.

I've actually gotten great responses from that, particularly from the 13-16 male demographic...
DShiznit wrote:
I've actually gotten great responses from that, particularly from the 13-16 male demographic...

nowai.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

nowai.

It was on the chopping block for 2.2 but I totally forgot about it.
Then continue to forget about it and move along. There are far more useless accessories that can be removed, such as the cape(which I was actually thinking of replacing with a trenchcoat anyway)
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

nowai.
I am extremely skeptical.
Cool stuff. further proof that ldraw will be awesome for customization and whatnot. You'll be able to import a part, script the position it should have on a person (which could be pulled from some defaults ie hat, hand accessory, etc) and you're done!
I'm 16, and that female minifig scares me DShiz.

Now go change your pants...
so...much...greenness.
elfprince13 wrote:
so...much...greenness.

The only way to change that would be to skin the head with it's own set of textures which would then change depending on what the torso color is. This would necessitate adding many megabytes of texture data however, so it really isn't worth it.

Unless, are you saying grey would be preferable?
DShiznit wrote:
The only way to change that would be to skin the head with it's own set of textures which would then change depending on what the torso color is. This would necessitate adding many megabytes of texture data however, so it really isn't worth it.

If you wanted to do it, it would be trivial to pack them into 1bpp paletted pngs with really low dimensions. At something like 2x2 and 1bpp, the png headers would probably be larger than the actual image data.

Quote:
Unless, are you saying grey would be preferable?

Or....LEGO yellow.
except they're zombies, zombies are supposed to look diseased or dead. Lego yellow is what's healthy for legos, and therefore would make for poor zombies.

Quote:
If you wanted to do it, it would be trivial to pack them into 1bpp paletted pngs with really low dimensions. At something like 2x2 and 1bpp, the png headers would probably be larger than the actual image data.

That wouldn't work with TGE 1.2's skinning system, which requires an individual power of 8 texture for each skin(and each texture has it's own header data which further adds to the filesize).

Anyway, I tweaked the model a bit, made it look like more flesh had fallen off the skull:

And then I have other angles:

And this my friends, is the scariest freaking thing you will ever see:

DShiznit wrote:
except they're zombies, zombies are supposed to look diseased or dead. Lego yellow is what's healthy for legos, and therefore would make for poor zombies.

oh, right.
Quote:
That wouldn't work with TGE 1.2's skinning system, which requires an individual power of 8 texture for each skin(and each texture has it's own header data which further adds to the filesize).

So make it 8x8. this is 136 bytes. You could have 600 of these and it would probably end up being smaller than a single one of the textures you are using now (which are what, 65kB each?) Not very elegant, but certainly workable.
DShiznit wrote:

I see this and all I can think is, "Hello, and welcome to Zombie Lego island!" And I hear in his voice too, man I played way to much of that game. Awesome game it was too.
TheStorm wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

I see this and all I can think is, "Hello, and welcome to Zombie Lego island!" And I hear in his voice too, man I played way to much of that game. Awesome game it was too.

Reminds me of the Ghost Train in the Lego Train Simulator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours