This wasnt a reason why I left MC in the first place, but this is one reason why I will not come back. Most info should be in the petition intro. Not much purpose though, except that it let people say what they think about this crap
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/stop_kerm_bashing
<After reading MaxCoder's forums>

Laughing Reminds me of the Me vs. Arcane Wizard a couple of years on UTI Very Happy

Just a question though; do they (Max Coder Forums) happen to be in the Netherlans?

Although when you read their posts, some of them are valid; Kerm is obsessed with calcs, but no one sees how Kerm is being very creative in trying to run all of this software on a crappy proc that runs slower than I can twitch my finger Laughing I mean, that takes some serious skill. Is it all useful though? Not a bit, and I'm thinking that's what their argument is.
Signed! Good Idea
Signed!
I have also signed
ditto Good Idea
I signed as well Smile
I am definatly thinking of ever joining Mc, seeing what they did to Kerm and Kevin, all I have to say.
signed Smile
Hey, thanks guys! Totally, I agree with you UltDev, I do it 'cause I enjoy giving myself a challenge. Smile
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
<After reading MaxCoder's forums>

Laughing Reminds me of the Me vs. Arcane Wizard a couple of years on UTI Very Happy

I gotta say Arcane Wizard has toned down (matured) a bit.....I could never see how you'd gotten in a argument with him, cuase hed always been reasonable since Id joined. Then I saw one of his old posts, and he was an arrogant 'lil jerk back then (no offense if you ever read this post Arcane)
Quote:
I gotta say Arcane Wizard has toned down (matured) a bit.....I could never see how you'd gotten in a argument with him, cuase hed always been reasonable since Id joined. Then I saw one of his old posts, and he was an arrogant 'lil jerk back then (no offense if you ever read this post Arcane)

Hmm...yeah, I have noticed that a little, actually. A couple of months ago I made a few posts and all that he said was "okay"........which for me was very weird; that was THE ONLY TIME we hadn't argued with each other.

Quote:
Totally, I agree with you UltDev, I do it 'cause I enjoy giving myself a challenge. Smile

Smile ... Idea Hey, there are some 68K procs that you code for, right? I've seen Linux ported to a 68K proc...hmm...
Signed. Must restrain fist of death...
Interesting, I signed it two times without ever signing it... Shock
Sigh, people are so...so... immature...
UnitedTI wrote:
Wow, this thread is incredibly long. I haven't responded to defend myself because I didn't see it. Where to start...

1. Yes, I know some people dislike my methods. With that said, chances are I won't be changing soon. I make programs, if they're good I improve them, release them, add and improve, release, repeat. Due to the number of projects I have at any given time, there's no guarantee how quickly that cycle goes.

2. VERY EARLY in my career, I released less-than-working TICI 1.0 plans/drivers/etc. It seems to me that only 5 file @ ticalc.org that are incorrect plans are hardly that reprehensible, especially for a n00b, and I'd be happy to clean that up if people feel so strongly about it. I have no problem making my profile look more professional

3. Screensaver consolidation: I was actually thinking of that myself this morning, since I made another two of them. I tend to doodle those screensavers when I'm trying to think of some better projects or came up with a neat gfx trick, so I'm afraid then people would start flaming me for updating the screensavers zip too often. tongue.gif

4. It seems to me, as several people stated, that far too much time is spent politicking and bashing other groups in the TI community. We are not companies, we are not rivals and competitors, we are just different groups trying to further the common good of the community. There's no reason for us to be enemies, although there's also nothing wrong with some healthy competition. I appreciate Kevin's defense of me, and I do feel Maxcoderz has been quite aggressive towards me in the past; they have gotten better lately, and I think I probably would have used different links that were much much worse to show bashing of me - there's an entire (locked) thread there on the topic.

With this said, how about we all just leave me alone to work on some worthy projects like SourceCoder2 ( http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php ), Doors CS 6, and gCn, ok? Cool. smile.gif
Quote:
With this said, how about we all just leave me alone to work on some worthy projects like SourceCoder2 ( http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php ), Doors CS 6, and gCn, ok? Cool. smile.gif

ROFL, Great response! Laughing
Hehe, thanks. Sarcasm? (I don't think so, but I use it so much I can never be sure Very Happy )
Not at all.

At least you get replies, My topics rarely make it to 10 replies on other forums, besides here and Omnimaga...
It's mainly because I post so much in the topics... Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours