swivelgames wrote:
[crashlog etc
-Swivel

Wait, this happened today or on December 8th?
Wow, that really sucks. And yes, this has happened to me many, many times, with Ion and other programs Sad
I had to rewrite Doors CS 3.5 beta 3 times, each time taking me 1 month, due to Ion crashing. Crying If there's anything I can do to help you get it back, please let me know.
swivelgames wrote:
Today was a sad day indead, no joke, Please read along Carfully. Neutral

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A BUG FOUND IN 5.1 NOT IN 5.4

Crash Log Creator wrote:
12/8/05
Approximately 11:50am – 12:57pm All Discoveries were found

Doors CS 5.1 Crashed

Crash Log:
1. Tried to Lock/unlock Program “Setup”(Created by me)
Result: Archived/unArchived

2. Multiple Tries Resulted in:
a) unwontedly ran program “Setup” at excessively high program speed (finished program all the way through in approx. 1 Second(s).
b) Displayed [ERR: SYNTAX]
c) Discoveries after SYNTAX ERROR:
c1) No Code in ADCS
c2) Accessed Mem Mgnt/Del... Menu
c2.1) ZDCS Data Transferred into “Setup” program.
c2.2) Picture File “Pic1” used approx. 53,000Kb or RAM (With Approx. 4,000kb or RAM left)
c2.3) Tried to archive files not wanted to be deleted.
c2.3.1) Garbage Collect? Accepted
c2.3.2) Finished Garbage Collect Resulted in: Loss of all RAM

Thank you for using SwivelGames Crash Log Creator (This prgram is not real) Neutral .

My Two Files I had Grouped and also were Ungrouped(Lstbsc, Setup, Pic1) Had been corrupt. Which terminated my prjct that I had tried to save by grouping them. The night before I had tried backing up my files but did'nt work, Grouping them was the only solution found to try and save my files. Crying . If you could please try and make sure that this does not happen in Doors CS 5.4 . Thank you Kerm for coming out with the awsome program of Doors CS. Truly sad story, I hope you all never have a day like this, that your project that you worked hard on got deleted because of carlessness of backing up your files. Truly sad day.

-Swivel

Ouch... I have a calc I use for testing games/progs only, so it won't affect my projects... The only time I use another calc is when Kerm asks for a specific one...
TI-Freak8x wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Today was a sad day indead, no joke, Please read along Carfully. Neutral

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A BUG FOUND IN 5.1 NOT IN 5.4

Crash Log Creator wrote:
12/8/05
Approximately 11:50am – 12:57pm All Discoveries were found

Doors CS 5.1 Crashed

Crash Log:
1. Tried to Lock/unlock Program “Setup”(Created by me)
Result: Archived/unArchived

2. Multiple Tries Resulted in:
a) unwontedly ran program “Setup” at excessively high program speed (finished program all the way through in approx. 1 Second(s).
b) Displayed [ERR: SYNTAX]
c) Discoveries after SYNTAX ERROR:
c1) No Code in ADCS
c2) Accessed Mem Mgnt/Del... Menu
c2.1) ZDCS Data Transferred into “Setup” program.
c2.2) Picture File “Pic1” used approx. 53,000Kb or RAM (With Approx. 4,000kb or RAM left)
c2.3) Tried to archive files not wanted to be deleted.
c2.3.1) Garbage Collect? Accepted
c2.3.2) Finished Garbage Collect Resulted in: Loss of all RAM

Thank you for using SwivelGames Crash Log Creator (This prgram is not real) Neutral .

My Two Files I had Grouped and also were Ungrouped(Lstbsc, Setup, Pic1) Had been corrupt. Which terminated my prjct that I had tried to save by grouping them. The night before I had tried backing up my files but did'nt work, Grouping them was the only solution found to try and save my files. Crying . If you could please try and make sure that this does not happen in Doors CS 5.4 . Thank you Kerm for coming out with the awsome program of Doors CS. Truly sad story, I hope you all never have a day like this, that your project that you worked hard on got deleted because of carlessness of backing up your files. Truly sad day.

-Swivel

Ouch... I have a calc I use for testing games/progs only, so it won't affect my projects... The only time I use another calc is when Kerm asks for a specific one...

Yeah, I never heard of 5.1 crashing so badly though.
Sorry, i ment to say 16th. Dont know how 8th got in there. Thanks for your offer Kerm, but the only thing you can help with is, my TI-Connect software does not work. I tried Backingup all my stuff on the comp last night but the TI-Connect did'nt work, then I lost DCS 5.4 beta so I did'nt get worried about my programs being lost, and did'nt even archive them. thats when my calc crashed.

-swivel
What do you mean it does not work? It doesn't recognize the calc? Sounds to me this is deeper than a DCS crash, perhaps some kind of ROM failure. If I were you, I'd get a new OS from another calc. Turn off yours, pull a batt, then hold DEL and THEN put the batt back in. It should say something about sending an OS, hook up a friend's calc and go for it./
swivelgames wrote:
Sorry, I ment to say 16th. Dont know how 8th got in there. Thanks for your offer Kerm, but the only thing you can help with is, my TI-Connect software does not work. I tried Backingup all my stuff on the comp last night but the TI-Connect did'nt work, then I lost DCS 5.4 beta so I did'nt get worried about my programs being lost, and did'nt even archive them. thats when my calc crashed.

-swivel

Kerm I wouldn't go so far as to say that yet. Sometimes the comp just plain won't detect em. When that happens to me, I usually just clear my ram and make sure that the cables are in tight and also make sure you installed the drivers--you'd be surprised how many people fail to do this. Other than that, I guess you could try doing what Kerm suggested although it seems a bit drastic to me. But ehh what do I know Razz
Well, it was kinda wierd, I dont know what it was. I tried aevery single program and onlything I could do was send things to the calculator that was the only time I could get anything from my computer.

-Swivel
When my comp wouldn't detect my 89, they just sent me a new calc... lol
when mine wouldn't detect my 84+SE, they sent me a free silverlink, I love that thing
i want a silverlink - then i can use TILP in linux Sad
they are cheap, like $15-$20, they are nice also to have in class to send stuff to an 83+ easily
Indeed. Swivel - did the issue get resolved, or are you still unable to get it to connect?
Well, I think its the computer, now, i cant even use my computer with out using the computer in 'Safe Mode'. Its extremely limited and really quite anoying having such limitations. But i have not tried to connect latly becuase I have been to busy with an Internet Browser I am making. which reminds me I need help on some VB code, I'll post that problem in the Calculator/Computer Open Topic forums. Thank God Microsoft VB stuff works in Safe Mode.

-Swivel
K, hope that gets fixed soon.
rivereye wrote:
they are cheap, like $15-$20, they are nice also to have in class to send stuff to an 83+ easily

"cheap" is a relative term when you literally have only $1 in your wallet Laughing
Soooo.....once I debug Ion running and create my move to folder routine, want another beta?
Sure, I would like that.

-Swivel
K, I want to get the notoriously buggy 5.1 off ticalc.org asap. Smile
swivelgames wrote:
Well, I think its the computer, now, I cant even use my computer with out using the computer in 'Safe Mode'. Its extremely limited and really quite anoying having such limitations. But I have not tried to connect latly becuase I have been to busy with an Internet Browser I am making. which reminds me I need help on some VB code, I'll post that problem in the Calculator/Computer Open Topic forums. Thank God Microsoft VB stuff works in Safe Mode.

-Swivel

You probably have a driver that isn't working rught. Go to your device manager and see if there are any errors.

Also, the first time i had problems, I would have tried LKGC
Yeah, also try the windows port of TiLP from ticalc.org

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours