Code:
Text(-1,0,90," "
within any loop.

Pause for Key:

Code:
Repeat getKey:End

This discussion can be found at the following locations as well:

http://ti-news.net/viewthreads.php?category=9
tricks personal basic zero you x versatility using useful used update unsigned unlock tricksy tricks trendy trees tree think taking takes supremely support such stored spaceship sort six simulate search running right revised represented remains reheap real read quite qualms properties programming programmers program precise power postivity post possibilities positivity plan parts part parent one obvious objects numbers number node next negativity mind might mhz memoryefficient main log lists listed list level left languages language lack keep java items ipart integer int instance indicator imaginary imag however hold higherlevel higher heap health heading game functionality frustrated fracpart following flexibility fields few fairly fact example especially equivalents enemy emulate easy doing directional difficult determined decimal dataintensive data create course coordinate considering consider condition complex commands classes children calculator bytesaving both boss booleans boolean bit binary bigo basic balance array amp amount algorithim advantage add

[Please note that this post has been rebuilt from a corrupted database.]
program pointed point Kerm ive indeed documented cross code change box believe added 3 2 1 recently seen thanks trick trying values worked y

variables values value uses user type select repeating people one mirageos menus menu make loop list keys keep instance individually graph fairly efficient common checking check actually

work sum command

using tells sum one manual loop list k everything equal ends elements different continues command checking bit

games key one others situation works

game ill pong

ans anything become bit bytes called calls condition create different first general goto i info instead lbl line long make memory n number parts program quite responses run save saving second several strings sure tips used using variable

ans compatible doors erase excellent mirageos offer one value

Just to prove this is back...
don't use lists as variables (non-storage) as they are twice as slow to read/write from/to as a normal variable.
Use implicit boolean logic instead of or and etc. Only exception: not.
KermMartian wrote:

implicit? is that like (x=1)(y=2)? if so, you should know that is SLOWER than and/or/xor/not method (by about 15% - not much, but it basic you need all the speed you can get Wink )
hmm a debate, I really see no difference in it, but we shall see.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

implicit? is that like (x=1)(y=2)? if so, you should know that is SLOWER than and/or/xor/not method (by about 15% - not much, but it basic you need all the speed you can get Wink )

On the plus side though, it's good for nested multiconditionals.
Personally I would use implicit logic, unless it's in a section of code that needs to be very fast (yes I know that every section of code needs to be very fast Razz but you know what I mean)! Generally you can create decent speed in you BASIC programs by limiting Lbl Goto's, minimizing program fatigue (reference the 1337 basic guide), and opt for variables over lists, matracies,etc.
i usually use implicit too, just cause i'm too lazy to go get the AND/OR/etc.... and its not a debate, i verified it with my TI-84's built in clock Wink
ok, well, then, I may have to test it out myself (just to see)
its not much, but i did a 20,000 repeat test (in a for loop) and the and / or was a second or so faster

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours