DShiznit, I'll say I have never seen this website before that I am posting for you (it could be full of crap otherwise), but it lays out the truth about the Hitler/Obama signs that shows up at Tea-party rallies. This is common knowledge among those of us who follow politics very closely in Washington, DC area. This got covered pretty well back in 2009. http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/signs-portraying-obama-as-hitler-appear-at-leftist-protests-media-ignores-it/
1st off, LaRouche is one of the biggest douchebags alive in either party, and I don't think hardly any liberals, progressives, or democrats(however you want to group them) actually support him in any way.

2nd:

Quote:
These Wall Street protestors aren't going home. They're plopping down with their Hitler signs and living and sleeping where they're protesting

I did mention that some of the Wall Street protestors do this too, that's part of why I'm hesitant to completely embrace the movement(though neither side should be getting the sh*t beat out of them for no reason which is why I made this topic).
DShiznit wrote:
http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/26/7978720-rewrite-police-vs-protesters

This is... there are no words. I'd like to think this is a systemic problem with the power granted to police, but why does this kind of thing keep happening to democratic protestors?

Peaceful? these dumb asses shat on a police car! http://www.theblaze.com/stories/have-you-seen-the-photo-of-the-wall-street-protester-defecating-on-a-cop-car/

They've also been in trouble for having sex in broad daylight. <sarcasm> I'm sure that if I was a cop, I would never attack such peaceful protesters, especially not ones that pooped on my car.</sarcasm>
Oweng4000 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/26/7978720-rewrite-police-vs-protesters

This is... there are no words. I'd like to think this is a systemic problem with the power granted to police, but why does this kind of thing keep happening to democratic protestors?

Peaceful? these dumb asses shat on a police car! http://www.theblaze.com/stories/have-you-seen-the-photo-of-the-wall-street-protester-defecating-on-a-cop-car/

They've also been in trouble for having sex in broad daylight. <sarcasm> I'm sure that if I was a cop, I would never attack such peaceful protesters, especially not ones that pooped on my car.</sarcasm>

You're associating an entire movement, including hundreds of thousands of people, with a single individual's actions. I'm sure I've made similar errors, but that doesn't make it right.
DShiznit wrote:
Oweng4000 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

You're associating an entire movement, including hundreds of thousands of people, with a single individual's actions. I'm sure I've made similar errors, but that doesn't make it right.

I agree I've made a fallacy. It just pisses me off when people get mad at corporations for being successful, like it's somehow evil. Class warfare sucks.
Oweng4000 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Oweng4000 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

I agree I've made a fallacy. It just pisses me off when people get mad at corporations for being successful, like it's somehow evil. Class warfare sucks.

And it pisses me off when people express animosity toward the the American worker, as if he's lazy and just trying to mooch.

That's what has these guys so pissed off. Corporate success in this country has been coming at the expense of the American worker. Any economy has a finite amount of resources in it. Ideally, these resources would be changing hands constantly and consistently, so everyone gets a piece of the action varying in size depending on how much they themselves have put back in to the system. The problems we're having arise when one group is putting in less than they are taking out, pooling the wealth in their direction and leaving a smaller slice of the pie for everybody else. This is clearly evident when you look at graphs comparing the income of the top 1% with the income of everybody else. The top 1% income is rising steadily, while the other 99% have a stagnant, unchanging wage. This wouldn't seem so bad, except that the cost of living is rising with inflation, so that constant wage becomes less and less livable each passing year as everything else costs more and more.

Here, I'll let you in on a little secret big business has been keeping from you. They like high unemployment. Less people employed in the work force means more people competing for the same job. That translates to lower wages for whoever is hired and greater profits for the company. This isn't an outside observation. This is something my father was actually told when he became manager of a Camera Shop in West Chester more than 10 years ago. The corporate brass above him actually expressed frustration at unemployment being so low under the Clinton administration, because they had to pay people a decent living wage.
DShiznit wrote:
Oweng4000 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Oweng4000 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

And it pisses me off when people express animosity toward the the American worker, as if he's lazy and just trying to mooch.

That's what has these guys so pissed off. Corporate success in this country has been coming at the expense of the American worker. Any economy has a finite amount of resources in it. Ideally, these resources would be changing hands constantly and consistently, so everyone gets a piece of the action varying in size depending on how much they themselves have put back in to the system. The problems we're having arise when one group is putting in less than they are taking out, pooling the wealth in their direction and leaving a smaller slice of the pie for everybody else. This is clearly evident when you look at graphs comparing the income of the top 1% with the income of everybody else. The top 1% income is rising steadily, while the other 99% have a stagnant, unchanging wage. This wouldn't seem so bad, except that the cost of living is rising with inflation, so that constant wage becomes less and less livable each passing year as everything else costs more and more.

Here, I'll let you in on a little secret big business has been keeping from you. They like high unemployment. Less people employed in the work force means more people competing for the same job. That translates to lower wages for whoever is hired and greater profits for the company. This isn't an outside observation. This is something my father was actually told when he became manager of a Camera Shop in West Chester more than 10 years ago. The corporate brass above him actually expressed frustration at unemployment being so low under the Clinton administration, because they had to pay
people a decent living wage.

So wait. If this sounds antagonistic, i don't mean it like that. I just want to know what you believe. You think the rich got that way by stealing?
DShiznet wrote: "Here, I'll let you in on a little secret big business has been keeping from you. They like high unemployment."

I'll not argue against this, since there is no reason to. However, I don't believe that this is a very good moral defence for the protesters aims to take away my freedom of property and to prevent me from doing with my property as I so please as long as my actions are protected by the US Constitution.

To be real, this crap about not wanting to pay back student loans I keep hearing from these kids in the parks is indicative, in my opinion, of bad parenting. These kids don't want to invest the sweat equity, but want all the benefits.
puromtec wrote:
DShiznet wrote: "Here, I'll let you in on a little secret big business has been keeping from you. They like high unemployment."

I'll not argue against this, since there is no reason to. However, I don't believe that this is a very good moral defence for the protesters aims to take away my freedom of property and to prevent me from doing with my property as I so please as long as my actions are protected by the US Constitution.

To be real, this crap about not wanting to pay back student loans I keep hearing from these kids in the parks is indicative, in my opinion, of bad parenting. These kids don't want to invest the sweat equity, but want all the benefits.

If they weren't willing to work hard to earn a living, why would they be willing to work hard to protest working hard to earn a living? It makes no logical sense!
puromtec wrote:

So, that means that the police should beat the crap out of them? Wink
Ashbad wrote:
puromtec wrote:

These aren't "peaceful protestors" as the title of this rather opinionated and antagonistic thread states. These guys are breaking several laws, resisting arrests, and disturbing the peace. They also do not have a permit for this. Under those circumstances, I'd be mad if the cops didn't arrest these guys. Did they need to beat the crap out of them? No. Is it understandable that they did? Yes. They've said that they want the government to be about protecting the people and less about the interests of corporations. Corporations are people too. They didn't get to be huge at the expense of the American worker. In fact, if it wasn't for the American worker, they wouldn't be there at all.

Take a listen to the Dead Kennedys's song Holiday in Cambodia. The lyrics truly sums up this situation in the most perfect manner.
Oweng4000 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
puromtec wrote:

These aren't "peaceful protestors" as the title of this rather opinionated and antagonistic thread states. These guys are breaking several laws, resisting arrests, and disturbing the peace. They also do not have a permit for this. Under those circumstances, I'd be mad if the cops didn't arrest these guys. Did they need to beat the crap out of them? No. Is it understandable that they did? Yes. They've said that they want the government to be about protecting the people and less about the interests of corporations. Corporations are people too. They didn't get to be huge at the expense of the American worker. In fact, if it wasn't for the American worker, they wouldn't be there at all.

Take a listen to the Dead Kennedys's song Holiday in Cambodia. The lyrics truly sums up this situation in the most perfect manner.

A goddamn facepalm mosaic would not do this post justice...
DShiznit wrote:
A facepalm mosaic would not do this post justice...
DShiznit, I'm going to edit your post due to a previous warning made by an administrator. I quoted and edited the post within to reflect one way you could reply appropriately without loosing the context. I've also been told that this isn't the first time since the warning you've bypassed the filter, but I won't go hunting those down; just please be mindful when making future posts. If you don't, stronger corrective action may be taken.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments bring them up with myself or another GMod/Admin.

Edit by Merth: Didn't I tell you before that if I have to edit any more of your posts for bypassing the filter that I would just start deleting them? If I didn't let this be me saying that. If I did, well, I guess I'm a pushover.

Consider this a more concrete warning.
DShiznit wrote:
Oweng4000 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
puromtec wrote:

A a facepalm mosaic would not do this post justice...

Have you guys ever watched Cops? Witnessed on the show how criminals are thrown to the ground, dog pilled by three cops just so they can be arrested? That's apparently legal. How is this different?

Police are here to enforce laws and to ensure safety. They will use force to protect the law and others. Oweng4000 is correct, you need permits to protest (oddly). I don't know why this is so huge and widespread. It sounds like everyone is misinformed on this. Peaceful Protestors? The police must be out there and enforcing the law for something. Everyone turns their attention on the police and not to the protestors, because the protestors claim to be "Peaceful."

Protesting without a permit does not warrant an arrest, but that the protest must be disbanded and organized appropriately. Even if you're out there with a bullhorn shouting about saving cows you'll likely be asked to leave. If you're out there shouting profanity about the same subject, you *might* be arrested.

Another way this could have escalated is that the protestors refused to disband. The police then forced them to shut down, they didn't and kept protesting. So, the police told them to stop or they'll be arrested. Protestors ignored the statement. Then the police went in for the arrest and people started to riot.

I'm putting the police in the light here, I'll admit that. I feel like everyone is siding with the protestors and not how things happened. I really hope NYPD stands up to this, there's too much going on these days where the authorities just settle with payments and it just enables citizens to abuse the courts to get millions out of an already economically starved federal department. In other words, I'd rather my tax dollars go towards the fight against improper settles - whether *federal department here* looses or wins - than to a multi-million dollar settlement.

I know I've turned my post from protestors to improper settlements, but at the time I wrote this it flowed and made sense. I just feel like every publicized action the police take, they get criticized for. If the police loose this, I feel it'll empower others that they are above the police.
http://www.news.com.au/world/anger-boils-over-in-global-gfc-protests/story-e6frfkyi-1226167660149

Occupy "Wallstreet" has spread to Australia too apparently.

EDIT: Also, is it ironic that News Limited is publishing this story?
comicIDIOT wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Oweng4000 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
puromtec wrote:

A a facepalm mosaic would not do this post justice...

Have you guys ever watched Cops? Witnessed on the show how criminals are thrown to the ground, dog pilled by three cops just so they can be arrested? That's apparently legal. How is this different?

Police are here to enforce laws and to ensure safety. They will use force to protect the law and others. Oweng4000 is correct, you need permits to protest (oddly). I don't know why this is so huge and widespread. It sounds like everyone is misinformed on this. Peaceful Protestors? The police must be out there and enforcing the law for something. Everyone turns their attention on the police and not to the protestors, because the protestors claim to be "Peaceful."

Protesting without a permit does not warrant an arrest, but that the protest must be disbanded and organized appropriately. Even if you're out there with a bullhorn shouting about saving cows you'll likely be asked to leave. If you're out there shouting profanity about the same subject, you *might* be arrested.

Another way this could have escalated is that the protestors refused to disband. The police then forced them to shut down, they didn't and kept protesting. So, the police told them to stop or they'll be arrested. Protestors ignored the statement. Then the police went in for the arrest and people started to riot.

I'm putting the police in the light here, I'll admit that. I feel like everyone is siding with the protestors and not how things happened. I really hope NYPD stands up to this, there's too much going on these days where the authorities just settle with payments and it just enables citizens to abuse the courts to get millions out of an already economically starved federal department. In other words, I'd rather my tax dollars go towards the fight against improper settles - whether *federal department here* looses or wins - than to a multi-million dollar settlement.

I know I've turned my post from protestors to improper settlements, but at the time I wrote this it flowed and made sense. I just feel like every publicized action the police take, they get criticized for. If the police loose this, I feel it'll empower others that they are above the police.

Watch the goddamn videos in the first post. That is what we're talking about. The people protesting in that video DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG, and there OTHER VIDEOS showing reasonable police officers giving orders and having them obeyed. The officers who beat the protesters in the first video DID NOT give any orders, they just started attacking for no reason. If it were the other way around, as you suggest, you would be correct. But this is not about what "could have been", this is about what WAS, and protesters WERE beaten without cause. Now there may be others causing trouble since this happened, I don't know, I haven't seen any video evidence to support or refute that claim, but this post isn't about them. It's about the ones who were obeying the law and were beaten anyway.
I did. Did you? When was someone dragged in that first youtube video? It's 11 minutes of yelling and police securing an intersection, which is accomplished two minutes in and not much else happens. The police were yelling "Get back!" and "Get off the sidewalk" or something. The protesters didn't obey orders. One person was being arrested, but that individual was there when the video started then there was that one guy who all the sudden appeared on the ground. Just because it *was* a peaceful protest, doesn't mean there will end up being peaceful protestors. So, let's not whole-handedly assume those two were peaceful.

That second youtube video had an error when I attempted to watch it. The first video provided by MSNBC showed a guy get thrown down. With camera and all. But again, we can't prove he was peaceful. If the video started out with five (or more) people with signs on a corner then all this happened, I'd be much more convinced those protestors were in the right.

Also editing your post for bypassing the swear filter, again.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I did. Did you? When was someone dragged in that first youtube video? It's 11 minutes of yelling and police securing an intersection, which is accomplished two minutes in and not much else happens. The police were yelling "Get back!" and "Get off the sidewalk" or something. The protesters didn't obey orders. One person was being arrested, but that individual was there when the video started then there was that one guy who all the sudden appeared on the ground. Just because it *was* a peaceful protest, doesn't mean there will end up being peaceful protestors. So, let's not whole-handedly assume those two were peaceful.

That second youtube video had an error when I attempted to watch it. The first video provided by MSNBC showed a guy get thrown down. With camera and all. But again, we can't prove he was peaceful. If the video started out with five (or more) people with signs on a corner then all this happened, I'd be much more convinced those protestors were in the right.

This, this, this, this, so many times THIS.

The videos depicted hardly show the full picture, just the segment of someone getting arrested and everyone going batshit insane.

No one got arrested for no reason, the protesters are making their presence on Wall Street dangerous and destructive, so the police responded to that situation.
JoeYoung wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

This, this, this, this, so many times THIS.

The videos depicted hardly show the full picture, just the segment of someone getting arrested and everyone going a insane.

No one got arrested for no reason, the protesters are making their presence on Wall Street dangerous and destructive, so the police responded to that situation.

This is incredible. You guys are actually denying video evidence in favor of your own manufactured reality. I don't how I'm supposed to argue that. I don't remember the exact order, but one of the videos clearly showed protesters following orders, and another showed a beating with no orders given. I also recall full, uncut version of each video being linked to on the site. I've even showed the footage to my father(used to vote Republican in every election, has gone both ways in recent years, possibly the most measured and moderate person politically I know) and he concurs.
No, we just don't simply believe everything put in front of us so readily; we aren't very gullible in other words.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours