Hi all.
Since chemistry is my favorite subject, I am writing a database program. It is called Chemix (to be pronounced KUmiks).
Right now, I only have 98 % of the elements typed in.
Planned features:
-Bond angles
-Bond lengths
-Boiling and melting points of some dozens of substances
-Standard electrode potentials
-Acid dissociation constants
-Acid-base indicators
-Redox indicators
-Dipole moments
-Colors of chemicals
-A gross of trivial names (maybe not)
-Ion formulas
-Molar masses of a couple of substances
-A search function

That's it.
Suggestions, questions?
Language?
That sounds very useful if it is for the ti 84
Weregoose wrote:
Language?

Its written in Axe.
If this is complete it gets my download. I started chem this year and I sure could use all the help possible `-`
All element data is done! \o/
At qazz. What things do you need for chem. I have some small programs I could upload to help you till aeTIos gets his done
May I ask why Axe instead of BASIC? This seems like something that would be smaller and faster in BASIC, since it doesn't really need any Axe-specific features.
KermMartian wrote:
May I ask why Axe instead of BASIC? This seems like something that would be smaller and faster in BASIC, since it doesn't really need any Axe-specific features.

I can call BASIC programs from Axe. Also, if you want to search for something, it is just useful to not to have to wait forever before you get the results.

EDIT:
Added MolarSoft logo

EDIT2:
Added Chemix title screen (main menu)
I wanted to ask if you also have all the elements till Ununocrtium (uuo 118) in? And did you also put the Extended periodic table in?
All elements till 109 are in (I gonna add till Copernicium)
So only named elements.

Also, I am going to add a molar mass calculator which I wrote some time before. That one is BASIC. (But it is not very slow)

EDIT:
I am also adding a periodic table for quick looking up.
I think I would ago till Uuo, because that are all elements proved that they exist.
EDIT: Maybe you could make two versions, one with them and one without.
For now, I am only adding elements until 112. Later on I might add till 118.
Do you have any suggestions what features to add more?
Oh and please comment the mockups I posted some posts above Smile
qazz42 wrote:
If this is complete it gets my download. I started chem this year and I sure could use all the help possible `-`
aeTIos wrote:
For now, I am only adding elements until 112.
That's a nice cutoff. The ones that have been names, right?

As for calling BASIC programs from Axe, why not make it all BASIC? Or at least calling Axe programs from BASIC (which should be easier than the other way round)? Just some suggestions Smile
Deep Thought wrote:
aeTIos wrote:

As for calling BASIC programs from Axe, why not make it all BASIC? Or at least calling Axe programs from BASIC (which should be easier than the other way round)? Just some suggestions Smile

Yes, indeed, I agree that's a good cutoff since the theorized set of elements on the extended periodic table goes up to element 216 in most cases (or further, sometimes the extended table goes on until it comes to a few major "stable element islands")

And, I say just make it all BASIC, or all Axe. Putting the two together means multiple programs, which leads to a messy VAT and annoyed users.
Ashbad wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:
aeTIos wrote:

Yes, indeed, I agree that's a good cutoff since the theorized set of elements on the extended periodic table goes up to element 216 in most cases (or further, sometimes the extended table goes on until it comes to a few major "stable element islands")

Can I get whatever table you're using that has elements up to 216 on it? Razz

On a side note, the "Stability Islands" you mentioned aren't really stable in the macroscopic sense. They basically mean "these elements will survive long enough that we can measure more than one atom at a time!"

As for the range, I'd personally recommend going no higher than 112. Everything after that is still officially unconfirmed as far as position in the table goes.
sorry, not 216, but 210:

http://www.goiit.com/upload/2009/2/3/54d208f79838ad3c41534c094009b725_34389.JPG
Pretty much everything beyond 138 in that table is likely physically impossible.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Pretty much everything beyond 138 in that table is likely physically impossible.

:<

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours