sorry that post was confusing.....

py2exe is for win32. py2app is for OS X....Im not sure what you can get with other *nixes, but a fair few of them have Python built in

EDIT:
===

freeze does that for other *nixes....and apparently OS 9 as well...anyway running OS 8 or earlier is screwed though
i'll just leave it in python for *nix. Very few linux distors ship without python...it is (or at least appears to be), very popular for linux (hell, if i remove python on my Gentoo system, it won't work anymore, lol - its required)
K, so python is the way to go? As long as it's fast enough, that's fine with me.
KermMartian wrote:
K, so python is the way to go? As long as it's fast enough, that's fine with me.

you used the GUI demo, correct? the calc connection will be roughly the same speed as TILP
OK, excellent. I want it to be able to get a decent baud.
I just got Python for my new Windows computer, and downloaded wxPython for OS X and Windows while I was at it so Ill finally be able to test that demo prog.
Yay! And hopefully work on it, too? Smile
of course. do you have the new server protocol setup yet?

EDIT:
====
just been fooling around so far. I got it to display the username you are logging in with like this

gCn demo wrote:

Connecting to Cemtech as [hostname].[calcname]: [status message]

I also fixed the frame titles.

EDIT2:
====
I also just uploaded it to our ftp site.
elfprince13 wrote:
I also fixed the frame titles.

EDIT2:
====
I also just uploaded it to our ftp site.

frame titles: i fixed that on the copy on my comp too, lol

gcn ftp: i coulda sworn i uploaded it there....huh, guess not

new server protocol - i don't really care what happens with that anymore. The client->servers->gcn.net is alot more work, but still doable. Seeing as it can work with the current gcn.net, i think we should stay with that until we have a working full system up and running (including calc links) - as i'd rather get it all working before we think about tweaking/expanding the network
I agree. I think the key now is the calc<-->calc<-->comp linking, then we can finetune the interconnections.
I've been working on adding a Find command to the python demo. However since my new XP box is not yet connected to the Internet I haven't tested it yet. On the other hand we are getting DSL next week (praise God from whom all blessings flow.....you probably don't know that song, nvm)
YAY! Praise him from here below, Praise him all ye heavely host, Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
ahah....I was wrong Cool
I know that song...
are you the one who's been making the front page say there's a client online?
elfprince13 wrote:
I've been working on adding a Find command to the python demo. However since my new XP box is not yet connected to the Internet I haven't tested it yet. On the other hand we are getting DSL next week (praise God from whom all blessings flow.....you probably don't know that song, nvm)

i had the "FIND" in there, but it wasn't working, so i pulled it out. I told Kerm about it, the URL and POST data was all correct, so i'm not sure why it wasn't working. I need to check what all i have on my comp, the version i had uploaded before wasn't the latest (but everything in it was working)

EDIT:
i uploaded the gcn_gui.wxg file. this is the save file for wxGlade, a GUI designer for wxWidgets (it'll export to C++, Python, Perl, and XRC - obviously that save is set up to export to python Wink )

it has to be in the same folder as gcngui.py, as it edits that file to add/remove stuff (thats why there are all those #start wxglade #end wxglade comments)

EDIT2:
I'll go ahead and add the FIND USER to the menu, but i can't garuntee it will work (shouldn't take me long, i'll upload the new gcngui.py version to the ftp folder when i got it layed out)
woot. Doing nicely, guys!!
demo 0.3 is out, basically it just adds a find user dialog, and when a name is typed into it, it prints it to the log. I don't have time now to try and put together the actual URL encode and POST, but i'm sure someone else can figure it out by using teh connect as an example Wink

i also updated the .wxg file and fixed a minor bug with it (it was making the gcn_prefs window a frame, not a dialog as it was supposed to - easy to fix, thanks to the .wxg being an open XML file, yay!)
So when are you gonna get me a win32 executable? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
So when are you gonna get me a win32 executable? Smile

meh Very Happy (when i boot into windows next i guess...)

I've added a bunch of comments to the gcngui.py file - PLEASE READ/FOLLOW THEM! the "rules" are open to change, but please post/ask first - i'd like to keep this all following the same guidelines to make it easier to maintain Laughing

Releases will work as follows:
CUR - the newest version; not fully tested OR released
Releases will be made when there are major bugfixes, or new features are added. No more of this make a tweak/minor bugfix, release a new version (i know i'm guilty of this with 0.3, but i'll follow this from now on)

PLEASE COMMENT ANY CHANGES MADE!!! and TRY to be as specific as possible

most of this is just common sense, but i wanted to write it down so that it actually happens Wink
Fair enough, and I'll see if I can work the DCS bugtracker/featuretracker into this in some way.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours