http://www.kllrnohj.com/cemetech/gCn2/win32/

dist.zip is a win32 port - i haven't done any tweaks or trimming, hence the large file size. Do remember, this is a beta Wink
I tested it out, and it works great.
CHANGES: FindUser works-ish (by ish i mean it worked for a small sample case, but isn't really "properly" tested)

http://www.kllrnohj.com/cemetech/gCn2/win32/

there is the CUR version of the client for win32 (the self-extracting archive and the .zip is the SAME, choose whichever one you want, the self-extracting one is a tad over 1mb smaller, so i recommend that one)

and, of course, here's the updated python script

http://www.cemetech.net/gCn/wxpython_release_Demo_v1p1/gcngui.py

RELEASE: nominate this for v0.4 - seconded?
I second the motion.
KermMartian wrote:
I know that song...
are you the one who's been making the front page say there's a client online?

yeah thats me. Wow a missed a lot over exam week. Ah well I'll re download the new version, and start some more work. Also Ill be a lot more active starting Thursday when my sad picks up the installation package for our DSL.

Try testing FindUser on me. I've been working on some more friendly Error messages and stuff which I'll try to integrate into this.
I need to check out why people aren't timing out after 5 minutes of no activity....
KermMartian wrote:
I need to check out why people aren't timing out after 5 minutes of no activity....

because techincally there is no connection. The internet connection only lasts for as long as the task takes to send and then get a response. No connection to the server is maintained.

This constant "reconnect" was something i was trying to fix with the client->server->gcn.cemetech.net connection setup.

When i get home from school today, i'll repackage/update everything as V0.4
No, but I thought I had coded something that checked the database timestamps and deleted entries from connections that hadn't updated in >5mins. Guess not.
KermMartian wrote:
No, but I thought I had coded something that checked the database timestamps and deleted entries from connections that hadn't updated in >5mins. Guess not.

maybe you did, but how is it exectued? PHP is only run when something accesses that page, not all the time...

oh, and the new 0.4 stamped versions are both available here: http://www.cemetech.net/gCn/wxpython_release_Demo_v1p1/

NOTE: the win32 port bug w/ missing WinXP theming has been fixed
hmm....I test Find, and it doesn't show the IP address. Im gonna try and fix that now.

EDIT:
====
eeekkk!!!! It had the IPAddr hard wired into the code, so I've added a function for that. Also it seems that Cemetech isn't even sending the IPAddr back, just SUCCESS%%%%1.
elfprince13 wrote:
eeekkk!!!! It had the IPAddr hard wired into the code, so I've added a function for that. Also it seems that Cemetech isn't even sending the IPAddr back, just SUCCESS%%%%1.

the hard coded IP addr is intentional and WILL STAY THAT WAY. The reason is simple, the computer DOES NOT KNOW ITS INTERNET ADDRESS (don't belive me? look at the old java client, it simply uses the computers IP on the network, not its internet IP - which often are different). It either has to have the server echo it back, or more simply, Kerm's backend should simply detect it as it does not need it sent to it

please change that back to the hard coded IP of 127.0.0.1

EDIT:
as for the FindUsr - i've already told Kerm of that problem Wink

and if you launch it from a command line, it'll print back the raw data it is getting, just incase you didn't notice that

EDIT2:
if you find something wierd in part of the program that is deemed fully functional (like the hard coded IP), please ask me before changing, as i probably did that for a reason Wink (i'll do the same for parts you add, of course)

exception for this is parts surrounded by comment blocks explaining whats not working or similar (like the FindUser is in a comment block as it isn't fully tested or quite finished - it still needs to seperate out the IP addr seperate from the virtual port, right now its just printing out the part after SUCCESS%%)
I did the thing with the IPAddr to make it harder for the IP address to be spoofed; I was trying to come up with something more reliable. If you think I should just use the global IPAddr php var, I'll do that.
I fixed the IP Address part of the script so it was no longer hard wired in (lol...)

I also noticed the minor issue that when logging in, it was displaying [calcname].[hostname], instead of [hostname].[calcname], so I fixed that.

Next I noticed that Kerm's server script was not sending IP info back on SUCCESS of the FIND user command. This should be fixed. (You guys can see that for yourself, just watch the raw data coming back from the server).

I also have done more work on explaining the AUTHERRORs, however I haven't yet integrated that.

anyway, I ran out of time, so I sent you both copies of my most updated work.

btw, the IPAddr thing I used should work....I don't know if you checked it. Just curious, but why is 127.0.0.1 the one you hardcoded?
KermMartian wrote:
I did the thing with the IPAddr to make it harder for the IP address to be spoofed; I was trying to come up with something more reliable. If you think I should just use the global IPAddr php var, I'll do that.

you should Wink (after all, if the user can spoof his/her IP from the webserver, who's to say they couldn't spoof it on their own comp? (which would be easier...)

Oh, and having the user spoof the IP wouldn't do them any good, as the method to contact that client would be lost. It'll only hurt the end user to spoof his/her IP
probably because it is the loopback address
elfprince13 wrote:
I fixed the IP Address part of the script so it was no longer hard wired in (lol...)

I also noticed the minor issue that when logging in, it was displaying [calcname].[hostname], instead of [hostname].[calcname], so I fixed that.

btw, the IPAddr thing I used should work....I don't know if you checked it. Just curious, but why is 127.0.0.1 the one you hardcoded?

i WANT it to stay hardcoded at 127.0.0.1 - so i'm just gonna change it back if you don't (oh, and the method you used gets the computers NETWORK IP, NOT internet IP - they are, in most cases, different - this was the problem i was trying to say, the computer does not know its internet IP, as technically it doesn't have one, the router/modem does)

EXAMPLE: For me it returned 172.16.1.33; this is the IP the router gives me. My internet IP (at the moment), however, is 70.240.133.xxx

i chose 127.0.0.1 as that is the loopback, it is what the computer will recognize as itself

i CHANGED it to calcname.hostname (why say do you keep saying "fixed"? I listed this as a change in the comments at the top) - and would prefer it to stay in ascending order, as that is more the web standard (think of urls - its all ascending order - subdomain.domain.extension).
Let's not have the client send the IP; I'll just make the Cemetech server handle everything with that.
good idea.
have you seen the public IP extension for FireFox. See if you can figure out how that works on getting your IP (and it does the internet. My lappy I run it on that my IP is 192.168.x.x depending on which netowrk I am on, but the public IP is one of two, depending on home or school)
rivereye wrote:
have you seen the public IP extension for FireFox. See if you can figure out how that works on getting your IP (and it does the internet. My lappy I run it on that my IP is 192.168.x.x depending on which netowrk I am on, but the public IP is one of two, depending on home or school)

probably just pings a server to echo back its IP

but why bother? no one in their right mind would want to spoof their IP, as then they lose a vast majority (if not all) functionality of gCn

i'll go ahead and remove all mentions of sending the IP from the client then

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours