OK, and I'll make the script figure it out itself.
while your at it work on the FIND not returning an IP at all please....
It wasn't returning it because I think it wasn't receiving it at all, but I'll double-check...
KermMartian wrote:
It wasn't returning it because I think it wasn't receiving it at all, but I'll double-check...

i was always sending it one, it was just always the same Very Happy
Oookkay, so clearly I made another mistake. Oh joy.

Edit: all set with the IP.
KermMartian wrote:
Oookkay, so clearly I made another mistake. Oh joy.

Edit: all set with the IP.

works now, thanks!

--now i think i'm gonna "pretty up" the output of the find command....
Fair enough. An I'm starting to think about the actual CALCnet2 protocol a bit.
UPDATE: Added the auto-logoff feature internally, however it is forced-enabled, and currently there is no togle in the preferecences. However, i am working on a completely new preferences dialog with a crapload more options, and will be much more advanced. Shouldn't be TOO long before i get this done

NOTE: BOTH dist.exe AND gcngui.py have the new auto-logoff and prettiefied FIND output, even though it is not an "official" release

as always, get em here:

http://www.cemetech.net/gCn/wxpython_release_Demo_v1p1/

README UPDATE: For the autologoff to work, after starting up the new version of the client, you MUST go to tools->prefernces, and then hit OK - this will update the settings.cfg file to include Auto Logoff = True
Ohhh, awesome. Does it convert the SID to uppercase, btw?
KermMartian wrote:
Ohhh, awesome. Does it convert the SID to uppercase, btw?

SID?

EDIT:

bah, i'm an idiot

no, it doesn't convert the SID to upercase because i didn't know it had to be. I can add that tho, if you need it
ah, ok. Yes, it should be.
Is it possible to add custom icons to buttons? I spent forever searching through the source of wxPython trying to find the code for buttons.

btw, I know about bitmap buttons, but can you add an icon to a normal button?
I haev those 1337 icons I spent hours on if you get that working...
elfprince13 wrote:
Is it possible to add custom icons to buttons? I spent forever searching through the source of wxPython trying to find the code for buttons.

btw, I know about bitmap buttons, but can you add an icon to a normal button?

you have to use a bitmap button...(and aside from the image, there is no difference between a bitmap button and a regular button)

Well, technically you CAN add an icon to a regular button, but it is extremely difficult and would require taking over the painting of the object (possible even having to take over the painting of the frame) - not worth the work

but currently there ARE no buttons to be converted to bitmap buttons (Find, Cancel, and OK buttons don't really need icons Wink ) - a toolbar would be ideal for that, though, i can add a toolbar tomarrow after school w/ wxGlade, then you can add all the bitmap icons

note: the bitmap icon doesn't have to be a .bmp, it can be any image type supported by wxImage, too (since you can use wxImage to convert it to wxBitmap)

One last thing, it is helpful to look through the wxwidgets manual too ( www.wxwidgets.org - then click documents->manual), as it tends to explain things better than the new wxPython docs
I should probably check that out too so I understand what you guys are up to...
I can add a toolbar today after school Smile we finally got DSL, and Dad set up our Wi-Fi network this morning.
Coolness. So do you think you'll be using my buttons? Surprised
I'd like to. give gCn a more non-vanilla L&F.
http://www.cemetech.net/img/projects/gcn/gfx/

elfprince13 wrote:
I can add a toolbar today after school Smile we finally got DSL, and Dad set up our Wi-Fi network this morning.

you can add it with wxGlade fairly easy - thats what the .wxg file in the FTP folder is

EDIT:
sorry, you took too long, so i've went ahead and added the toolbar Wink

http://www.cemetech.net/gCn/wxpython_release_Demo_v1p1/

both dist.exe and gcngui have the updated toolbar, however, if you want to use the python script, you have to download images.tar.gz and place the images folder in the same folder as gcngui.py (dist.exe has the images included in it)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours