I need some help finishing up my pacman program. I have created a maze, made pac man move and made an enemy that paces back and forth, but I need help making it so pacman actually dies when hit by the monster, the monster actually attacks pacman, pacman eats dots, the player is given a score.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/beta/Pacman.zip

The main problem I'm having is wrapping my head around path finding algorithms.

Both .g3m files are needed to run my program. Pacman.g3m is the main file, and WAIT.g3m is a program I designed to be used like a command.

Edit: here are some screen Shots.

Have you taken a look at this topic about pathfinding AIs here at Cemetech? As far as posting your source, are you aware that SourceCoder 2.5 can turn .g3m files into text source code for posting? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Have you taken a look at this topic about pathfinding AIs here at Cemetech? As far as posting your source, are you aware that SourceCoder 2.5 can turn .g3m files into text source code for posting? Smile

No I haven't. I'll look into that. The prizm allows you to save your programs as txt files, but i'm not sure how reliable they are.
They lose bit of information, but Doors CS can decode those and even turn them back into .g3m files, and as I mentioned, it can handle the original g3m themselves. Anyway, I mentioned it in case you wanted to post any source code for perusal. Did you try looking at that pathfinding topic yet? We even briefly discussed how the original Pacman's pathfinder most likely works there. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours