I've been wondering...with the implementation of globalCALCnet and Gossamer, would it be possible to add a direct download hub, that allows you to upload a file, checks if the file pending is in a calc-readable format, then proceeds to transfer the file to your calc via gCn. That would be nifty indeed.
I do believe a file transfer program is being worked on already. it is called sandpaper and is currently under the development of Kerm.
Sandpaper is indeed in the works, in between my schoolwork and research and book work (although I've barely touched it in a month). It's for accessing both other calculators and the Cemetech/ticalc.org archives.

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6632

ooohhh, that looks shiny! Very nice Kerm, I like the interface Smile
qazz42 wrote:
ooohhh, that looks shiny! Very nice Kerm, I like the interface Smile
Oh, you had never seen that? Very Happy Then all the happier am I that ACagliano brought this up again!
Nope, I have not seen that D: I should be ashamed of myself. How functional is it so far?
qazz42 wrote:
Nope, I have not seen that D: I should be ashamed of myself. How functional is it so far?
If you take a look through the Sandpaper topic here on Cemetech, you'll see that it can successfully list other calculators, connect to them, know what master and slave mode are, request and accept program and folder listings, and send the same. Things it doesn't do yet are changing directories and requesting and sending and storing files.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours