Hi.
Made a game. Finished it. WOW.

Attatached: Game(boxman) + source (box, boxmanpic)

Please comment.
I got to level 15.
This is compiled for DCS.

Download here
no pix no clix
?
You want a screenshot?
EDIT: Also, this is written in axe

EDIT2: Screenshot!

EDIT3: Moving screenshot!

(I'm sorry for those who are banned from omni and thus can't view it)
Looks like a cool game.
106 views, 3 replies... D:
Really incredible !

It was made in asm?
How do you manage the grey level that's really beautiful Smile
This is made in axe but yeah, thats compiled to a asm program.
Also the gray looks better oncalc then on the screenie
Quote:
Also the gray looks better oncalc then on the screenie

This is already nice on the screenie Smile
bumpity bump bump.
Why do my topics never get replies D:
aeTIos wrote:
bumpity bump bump.
Why do my topics never get replies D:

You didn't really do more than shove some pictures at us, without asking for any constructive criticism and/or advice Wink that usually leads to few to no comments.

Anyways, any new progress? Smile
Thanks for the comments. I did not ask for criticism/advice since this is a finished game.
So no, no new progress
When I have time I maybe will add some more levels. If you guys want to create levels: I will take them. Max size: 9x10, maximum boxes: 8
How the heck did I manage to miss this topic? Sorry about that. Sad You'll have to remember that here at Cemetech, people are welcome to give their comments or criticism, positive or negative, even for a completed project. We try to have release threads not be three pages of "COOL GOOD JOB". Wink Anywho, this looks great from the screenshots; might you consider uploading it to the file archives?
I'll do that. And yeah, I realized that you are a bit more doing things than on omni (sometimes... Razz)
aeTIos wrote:
I'll do that. And yeah, I realized that you are a bit more doing things than on omni (sometimes... Razz)
I accepted the upload into the archives, although feel free to update it with the screenshots at some point if you so choose. Smile Since the original post was so short on details, would you mind telling us a little more about this game?
That looks like a very nice Sokoban clone, although it's too bad I've already beaten all the original Sokoban levels Sad

Do you have an integrated level editor or non-standard levels?

Off subject:
Quote:
106 views, 3 replies... D:

I highly recommend that you don't say things such as this, as it's an earmark of immaturity.
Kaslai, yeah, I understand that I was not really acting good. I won't do that again, I was just frustrated.
Kerm:
Basically the goal of Boxman is to get all the boxes on the dots. Sounds easy, is hard. Boxman features 17 levels but maybe I am adding more levels when I have time.
Might I have more time, I will create a sequel to this with scrolling maps.
Thanks for the explanation. It actually looks quite good; how long did it take you? If you do scrolling maps, would you consider adding smooth-scrolling player movement? Also, do you want me to add your static screenshot to your Cemetech upload of the file as a screenie?
It took me like 5 hours to create (worked all day on it).
As for smooth-scrolling player movement I will consider 'smooth tile changing' since it would be annoying if you have to position the player everytime. And I'm fine if you add the screenshot.
aeTIos wrote:
It took me like 5 hours to create (worked all day on it).
As for smooth-scrolling player movement I will consider 'smooth tile changing' since it would be annoying if you have to position the player everytime. And I'm fine if you add the screenshot.
I definitely agree on snapping the player to positions so you don't have to do carefully positioning, but I mean moving the player in 8 1-pixel steps instead of 1 8-pixel step when an arrow is pressed. Smile
That is what I am thinking of for Boxman 2.0
Anyways, again, if you have levels you can post them! (I do not really care about size, but make sure it is under 20x20 and no more then 15 boxes Razz)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours