Not quite: that will flip that bit rather than resetting it.
KermMartian wrote:

So, I can rotate a zero in, ones for the rest, then "and" the two, correct.
ACagliano wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

So, I can rotate a zero in, ones for the rest, then "and" the two, correct.
Actually, if you take what you have, which makes a one-bit mask, invert it (so it's all 1s except a 0 where you want to reset a), then AND it with the number to reset the bit, every bit will stay the same except the target bit.
Ok, thank you for that help. Think I got it now. Haven't gotten around to testing...I'll do that next week.

So, I just finished implementing the server system. An incoming packet is quickly ignored if it is not coming from the same server. The join routine will allow you to set a server number and attempt to join it, or create your own server.

I posted this on omnimaga, but got no reply, so I figured I'd put it here. Can someone post a screenshot of what they picture the battle LCD to look like. Remember, I have 5 buttons at the bottom and some white space on the sides for icons that show shield status and stuff.
So is it going to be a Pokemon-style battle, where you have two combatants that take turns attacking/defending, or is it more of a real-time battle?
I already answered u in SAX, but let me answer publicly...it will be realtime. A one v. all free-for-all (though you can choose to work with other players).

As of today, my "to-do" list is officially shorter than the "done" list. Smile

A bump...I need help with stuff...

1. Can I implement full 3D movement? How easy would this be? At current, the game only supports 6 directions (forward, backward, up, down, left, right). I want to support full range of 3D motion. I could do it in the form of vectors, where I have an x,y vector and a z vector, but I don't know how. If it isn't too hard to implement, I'd like some help with this, as well as editing the "view-screen" routine accordingly (the routine that renders a ship in the view-screen if one is in front of you).

2. Any ideas as to what the LCD should look like? Images, screenshots? The buttons?

3. I forgot Sad
Bump...

ben_g will hopefully be helping me with #1. #2 still stands.
1) The rendering should be very easy; just sort your object buffer by Z-position and render using masked clipped sprites. Smile

2) Didn't come up with any mockups yet. I always like using F1-F5 for selecting things like weapons in game, so the player can keep their fingers near 2nd/alpha, arrows, and the F keys.
Well, F1-F5 are designated to bring up the ship control screens (Status Report, Tactical, Power Readout, ect...). 2nd, Alpha, Math, X^1, the arrows, are all hotkeys.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours