Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Yes. The abuse of those ethics is what gives them the inflated sense of power. Also Lawyers BY LAW are supposed to be confidential but if you catch them on the golf course with a judge then the case is settled by the time it reaches the court room.
Um, they're allowed to talk to the judge. Obviously. And the other lawyers. There's nothing wrong with settling out of court. It's usually what most people want.
but usually the plaintiff's and defendants never know about that. Plus a lot of times the defendant is the one getting screwed. At least in criminal court. On another note: The other day a man fondled a 12 year old girl, and got off with parole. Tell me he did not know someone in the courts. If it was another man with less connections then he probably would have gotten a harsher sentence.
I'm a campus cop so I must be fucking pegged.
I can't say I have enough room to talk in all of the professions brought to the board here to call myself "informed on matters", but here's my views:

Teachers -- some teacher make a lot, some don't make anything. Some work hard, some do not. I respect teaching in general as a profession; I wouldn't call it a "poor" job, but they general don't make that much money for the work they do, and the work they do is very much necessitous for people to grow up informed and ready to fit into and aid society.

Politicians -- Depends on what level you're talking about. I respect no one in the Senate, House of Representatives, my county's School Board, etc.: a *lot* of them are very corrupt (I can pretty much speak first hand for the school board, I hear a lot of inside stuff about it via mon pere); however, I wouldn't call all politicians bad. And, I definitely think they don't have an inflated sense of authority, considering they *ARE* essentially authority.

Doctors -- no idea why you think doctors have a wrong sense of power, I can't even begin to think of a reason. Am I missing something?

Campus Cops -- can't really relate completely, but I guess I can somewhat compare them with the school cop we have at my high school. In which case, they are helpful, and they do have authority; I guess there can be good/bad ones, but as I said, I've only had little exposure to "Campus Cops", and it's all been good.

JoeYoung wrote:
I'm a campus cop so I must be a pegged.

Ew, you're a loser then Laughing Just Joking
@Aes Settling out of court is much more common in civil cases than criminal ones. Unfortunately, it's the exceptions, not the norm, that ends up being spread around, making many people assume the system is far more corrupt than it actually is.
comicIDIOT wrote:

Also, DShiznit. Please stop bypassing the word filter or I'll remove the symbols at the bottom of the page. It seems to enable you more than anyone else.

Speaking of a god complex...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours