Is it possible to launch Flash and ASM apps from TI-BASIC?
I don't think you can run apps, but you can call asm programs, which in turn might be able to call an app. Other than that I don't know.
Assembly programs may be executed in a TI-BASIC program with Asm(, but Flash apps must be called with the aid of another assembly program or flash app.
Thanks, but it seems i can not find asm(, function in my catalog to run asm program. Is this possible for Ti-BASIC 68k on Ti89 Titanium.
Err, nope, I think for asm on the 68k you need to have a kernal/shell, there is no way to do so wtih ti-basic.
qazz42 wrote:
Err, nope, I think for asm on the 68k you need to have a kernal/shell, there is no way to do so wtih ti-basic.
Are you sure about that? I'll see if I can get Lionel or one of the other 68k experts to confirm that.
You can run asm programs from TI-Basic, and certain Flash applications have sub programs that can be run from basic Smile

Simple calling
asmprogram()
works for a asm program, and
flashapp/subprogram()
for flash.
Great, thanks for that bit of info, Jim! I didn't think it was likely that the 68ks couldn't do something that obvious that the z80s could.
I see that Jim beat me Smile
For FlashApps, the separator is actually ".": for instance, gtc.compile().

(GTC's compile() is a bad example in that it's not intended to be called from TI-BASIC - but I know that flashapp.method() is the way to call TI-BASIC extensions exported by FlashApps).
Oh, thanks for correcting me Smile
It was a long time since I used it, which made me mix it with '/' :p
jimbauwens wrote:
You can run asm programs from TI-Basic, and certain Flash applications have sub programs that can be run from basic Smile

Simple calling
asmprogram()
works for a asm program, and
flashapp/subprogram()
for flash.

ah, then I guess I am wrong then. Although, I do remember that a lot of games I had for my TI-89T required a shell of some kind...
Thanks everybody.

So now if I just want to run CellSheet from ti-basic:

ticsheet.?

Don't quite understand subprogram() part Smile
qazz42, indeed, but there are also many that don't need any kernel/shell Smile

timijan, you can't launch a flash application directly from TI-Basic.
Some Flash Programs however make certain functions available that can be called by TI-Basic.
Example:
If you have a flash application named "calculator", and it would have a function named "sin" you would call it with calculator.sin().
Launching a FlashApp from a TI-BASIC program could technically be done through an ASM program / an Exec string, but I think it's actually quite a good recipe for disaster. Such schemes could easily put the system in weird, possibly unstable, states...
If you just want to make an app active, you could do it by using
setMode("Split 1 App", "<appname>")
(which should work even in full screen mode).
But you don't get any control over the application such as what file it opens, etc.
By the way, just in case anyone stumbling across this topic is looking for how to run archived BASIC/ASM programs on a TI-83+/84+ from BASIC, there's an xLIB function called ExecArcProgram that Doors CS implements:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:ExecArcPrgm

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours