If anyone knows tell me Graphing Calculator
Until you offer proof that such a thing is happening, I will treat this as a troll thread.
If any one knows please tell me...
http://biggovernment.com/dmitchell/2011/06/08/obama-wants-american-taxpayers-to-bail-out-greek-politicians-and-dig-the-debt-hole-even-deeper
I hardly know where to start with that. That site has a clear conservative bias (Using terms like 'rape' and 'brutalize' in a financial context..? Really?), and offers no details, instead preferring to read between the lines and translate 'bilateral' to 'brutalize' for some reason.

tl;dr: that doesn't convince me to treat this like any less of a troll thread.
It does have a conservative bias, but it was the first site. I actually heard about it on CNN today... Germany wouldn't do it so the US did... I can't take a posistion yet I just wonder if anyone has a reason why we are? Does it concern the US? Are there extreme repercussions... Graphing Calculator
thatguy13 wrote:
Graphing Calculator
I did say something about double posts didn't I? No more than 90 minutes ago in the Wall Street Protests thread. Though, that was communicated through SAX.

This post contributes nothing and could have been edited to contain the link you posted after. Since the option to delete the post is not available to you in that post, I'll delete it for you.
Okay, to start off, don't double post. Especially single-word/emoticon posts. A double post is when you post twice in the same topic within 24 hours, without a post in between them. Don't do that again. And also, as a point of interest, I'm _pretty_ sure that your posts don't always revolve around calculators, so I don't see the point in putting in that emoticon in every single post.

That said, if you are going to post a news story, and the first one you find has a strong leaning, either find another that is leaning the other way, or find a neutral one. I'm still convinced that this is a troll.
If we bailed out the EU, it's because we live on a planet with other human beings and they matter too. Also, we have what's called a global economy, in which goods and services are traded across national and territorial lines, and if a massive part of that economy suddenly disappears, it hurts everyone a lot.
thatguy13 wrote:

hmm, that site seems to be much more of a blog then a news site, so I doubt it has much veracity. I think we really need some better proof than that Wink
thatguy13 wrote:
If anyone knows tell me Graphing Calculator

We don't want them to be part of the 99%.
Why not? The EU are our bros.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Why not? The EU are our bros.

^the most intelligent post in this topic^

We are economically interdependent with the EU. What happens to one of us affects the other, as we have American companies doing business with them, and they have companies doing business with us.
I seriously don't know why they (US, I am German) do that, as they are already bankrott.
I think this situation of Greece should never have happened.
Politicians should be more honest.
They shouldn't just think of there-selves. They should never have just taken debts just because they want to be voted again because they build cool things.
Sorunome wrote:
I seriously don't know why they (US, I am German) do that, as they are already bankrott.
I think this situation of Greece should never have happened.
Politicians should be more honest.
They shouldn't just think of there-selves. They should never have just taken debts just because they want to be voted again because they build cool things.

Actually building cool things can be financially beneficial in the long run. Scientific research creates lots of new products which can then be marketed and sold, building infrastructure provides faster more efficient means of moving goods from one place to another, and even building large landmarks helps by bringing in tourism and the economic stimulus that provides.

The problem with Greece was entitlements, instead of working for a living and earning a retirement, Greek citizens were handed everything. Instead of a safety net providing what was needed, or investments that could help them build their own futures, their government simply gave the Greek people whatever was wanted, to the point of ridiculousness.

You're right about the Politicians though. They were the catalyst for all of this, and I would hope are held accountable for it.
First I would like to apologize for the double post... my computer was screwing up because I was not on my laptop... I would also like to try to find another link that is unbiased.
www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2011/12/can-the-us-afford-to-bail-out-europe/
There... its Pakistan...
No I'm not one of those super freaky isolationist people, but a global economy is sort of a stupid idea because it leads to things like this...
I do understand now that the US government has no other choice. I agree with most of the German people who know what it is like first hand to bail out another country. Yes the European Union has been our ally from the begging, but they are responsible for their own economy, and if their were no repercussions I would definitely disagree with the governments decision seeing that our economy is trash. Also I agree with DShiznet in how he said the Greek citizens were being handed everything, but I also think that in the US we need to put more restrictions on welfare and food stamps. As far as social security goes I think were good... Graphing Calculator
I have to disagree with you on Welfare. Greece failing doesn't mean all welfare is bad, it means the extent at which they did it is. They took welfare to an extreme never seen anywhere else. You take anything to an extreme and it gets bad. Taking limited government/unrestrained capitalism to the extreme is how you get places like Somalia.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours