Graphing Calculator Link's Calc Projects And Releases Graphing Calculator

Hi, This is my official release thread for all my programs and projects.
Everything will go here and I'll edit it on addition of any new program.
My Projects Page: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=link

Table Of Contents:
1. CalcLock3

1. CalcLock3
Hi, this program is basically a locking utility for the calcs listed above. (Ti-83+/83+SE/84/84+/84+SE) It's NOT breakable by the ON key and uses a 4-KEY password. Allowing for about 4 Million possible passwords. Comes with: 3 apps, so it can't be removed from the RAM, documentation is included Very Happy Have fun! ~Link
Download: CalcLock3
Do you have any screenshots of CalcLock? Are you using the DCS GUI to provide a nice password-input prompt? What other projects do you have in the works?
kewl
KermMartian wrote:
Do you have any screenshots of CalcLock? Are you using the DCS GUI to provide a nice password-input prompt? What other projects do you have in the works?

No, I Don't; I might Put them up later.
No, i Decided to use the output command. TO show the Program Name, And a text ASCII Lock.
Well i Have a Personal Math Utility for math class work, thats a project I Always keep building on, i might upload it when i'm done like 20 or so mini-programs, currently have 5.
I'm also working on a graphical RPG for lua. Smile For PC of course.
Sounds good, keep us updated. Also, because we're very fond of proper spelling and grammar around here, please allow me to point out your bafflingly-random capitalization in that sentence.
I got a question to calc-lock: would it be possible to overgo that my pulling the batteries and so the program/copy of program in ram is deleted?
Sorunome wrote:
I got a question to calc-lock: would it be possible to overgo that my pulling the batteries and so the program/copy of program in ram is deleted?

Yes, since it's stored in the RAM, that's the only flaw, but is the case
with any RAM based program, everything else works perfectly.
theelitenoob wrote:
Sorunome wrote:

As a fix for that, you could use the actual program as a sub program. The main program would be the run ran using start up or zstart, and it would A. unarchive the main program, then run that program. when your calc-lock program is finished, have the main program archive it.

Or. on second thought, iirc zstart can run archived programs much like DoorsCS, I am not positive though I dont use zstart, but that is something to look into.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
theelitenoob wrote:
Sorunome wrote:

As a fix for that, you could use the actual program as a sub program. The main program would be the run ran using start up or zstart, and it would A. unarchive the main program, then run that program. when your calc-lock program is finished, have the main program archive it.

Or. on second thought, iirc zstart can run archived programs much like DoorsCS, I am not positive though I dont use zstart, but that is something to look into.
tried it and it doesn't seem to work, so that's through the roof, but most users don't really think about resetting the ram so its ok Smile
I also left it since otherwise if you're locked out its a pain in the butt to fix and might break the calc. So I let it be.
On the contrary it might temp people to clear the ram therefor clearing all your programs (assuming they are not archived)
theelitenoob wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
theelitenoob wrote:
Sorunome wrote:

tried it and it doesn't seem to work, so that's through the roof, but most users don't really think about resetting the ram so its ok Smile
I also left it since otherwise if you're locked out its a pain in the butt to fix and might break the calc. So I let it be.

You could always use the ON-DEL trick to force a RAM clear. Wink
souvik1997 wrote:

You could always use the ON-DEL trick to force a RAM clear. Wink

Just updated to CalcLock3, and that doesn't work anymore Very Happy
Link wrote:
Actually, I might argue that pulling the batteries (the calculator equivalent of "turn it off and back on") would be the first resort of someone locked out of a calculator, but I agree it's good to have a failsafe for a program like this. People rarely have such sensitive information on their calculator that a truly unbreakable locking program is necessary. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Link wrote:
Actually, I might argue that pulling the batteries (the calculator equivalent of "turn it off and back on") would be the first resort of someone locked out of a calculator, but I agree it's good to have a failsafe for a program like this. People rarely have such sensitive information on their calculator that a truly unbreakable locking program is necessary. Smile

Yes, I would patch it, but it's possible someone could brick it, so I'll leave a failsafe, but now you need to hold the del key with battery replacement, so just removing the battery doesn't work. Which is what a common user does, but most people don't do the del trick.
KermMartian wrote:
Link wrote:

Yeah. I someday stupidly let my 84+SE on my table at the pause and some classmates stupidly tried to steal it to clear my memory or something. But I made two password programs. The first one is launched by zStart when turning on, the second one is launched by zStart on RAM Clear. And at the end of the pause the came to me saying "meh, we couldn't make our joke with your passwords", and seeing they were in the second program, I could guess their first thought when seeing the password was to remove a battery.
Hayleia wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Link wrote:

Yeah. I someday stupidly let my 84+SE on my table at the pause and some classmates stupidly tried to steal it to clear my memory or something. But I made two password programs. The first one is launched by zStart when turning on, the second one is launched by zStart on RAM Clear. And at the end of the pause the came to me saying "meh, we couldn't make our joke with your passwords", and seeing they were in the second program, I could guess their first thought when seeing the password was to remove a battery.

Nice story, I made my locking program an app, so you must do the del trick, deters casual users, and allows it to functions as a fail safe.
Link wrote:
Nice story, I made my locking program an app, so you must do the del trick, deters casual users, and allows it to functions as a fail safe.
That was not only for entertaining purposes. It was to warn you about people removing batteries Wink
*AHelper looks at his notes about password protecting GlassOS by having the password and password prompt in the OS pages, thus can only be removed by reformatting the flash Smile
Hayleia wrote:
Link wrote:
That was not only for entertaining purposes. It was to warn you about people removing batteries Wink

Well, thanks Very Happy
But in retrospect, I realized I don't actually need it. Maybe I'll make a Pong game now.
AHelper wrote:
*AHelper looks at his notes about password protecting GlassOS by having the password and password prompt in the OS pages, thus can only be removed by reformatting the flash Smile
Yes, but when we're restricted by the caveat of keeping the TI-OS, we do what we can. Smile Not all of us have the liberty of OS patches. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours