As an administrator with the power to edit people's posts, I find myself increasingly annoyed by improper use of [quote] and [code] tags. If everyone could just follow a few simple rules, we will have a much cleaner-looking forum and a much less-annoyed me. In fact there is only one rule - don't put breaks into the code. Make sure your quotes are like this:

This is text before the quote.[quote="whoever"]this is what they said[/quote]This is text after the quote.

Notice how I have NO EXTRA LINE BREAKS. This is because phpBB automatically inserts line breaks when it sees the [quote] tag. Adding extra line breaks just makes the posts look ugly and more spread out. So don't do it. That is all.
Well I don't think I have ever screwed up the tags on those, but I do add line breaks. I didn't know it did it for you, but that makes alot of sense. From now on I will be unnecessary-line-break free. Smile
Yay, thank you.
TY, this has always annoyed me too, I try to fix it when I see it if I have the ambition.
Thank you, Fuhrer.
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
This is text before the quote.[ quote="whoever"]this is what they said[ /quote]This is text after the quote.

I disagree, i PREFER the TEXT\nQUOTE\nTEXT method, as it promotes easy readability. Whitespace (in moderation) = good
See, for your post, I'd usually remove the second of the two lines after the quote.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours