http://www.cemetech.net/about/usermap.php

This took a lot of programming, but it works! It uses post IP data to derive an approximate location, then generates the points and plugs it into the Google Maps API.
it is telling me that the API key is registered on a different map and not showing me anything... Sad
I can't find me Sad
Your coordinates are 150.4,-35.32.
ok, and the approximate location of that would be? Just to let you know, that if it is Latitude,Longitude, then I am not on earch
That's longitude, latitude.
where would that put my, Australia, if so, your map is on the wrong continet
Don't blame me, blame Google maps. Smile
Where am I? I can't find myself. And Kerm, your not even in NY??

Edit: You should definitely add a find utility to it. I can't find anyone!

Edit2: There is no upper boundary limit, and it doesn't loop to Antarctica either. I would recommend adding that (shouldn't be too hard just move it conditionally based on where they are on the map and prevent it from being moved if they are too high or low right?) to prevent idiots like me from scrolling the map up for several minutes Laughing
Yeah, need a find utility. And yes, I _am_ in NYC. Smile
This thing = elite.
TY! As you can see, I've got the find user feature almost done...
I still can't see myself. Or Kerm for that matter?!?
He's in New York.
I know he should be, but it doesn't show up on mine. For example, the only people I can see in NY are: Koldfield, lilnat, and Thermoman. I am using FF if that matters and there is a message at the top that could be the problem:
the top of the page wrote:
Updating IP location for user kirb with ID39...4443569d = 68.67.86.157 with 249 times: pos=(,)
Updating IP location for user Jc with ID76...40fc4d2a = 64.252.77.42 with 0 times: pos=(,)
When I run a user search for both my name and Kerm's it just shows Australia?
No, that's supposed to be there. I'm also using FF. Trust me, he's there. Very Happy
I'm under koldfield...he goes to my school, and was a member of the AdonisTech project. It sorts from first member to last member, so I'm stuck underneath. That's why I need the usersearch. Sad
Brazucs suggested I release this as a phpBB mod, what do you guys think?
It seems to be broken. I've tried with FF, IE, and Safari. Safari tells me the google API key is bad, and then just shows the updating location message.

Internet Explorer tells me
IE wrote:
Interent Explorer can not open the site http://www.cemetech.net/about/usermap.php

Operation Aborted"

FF doesn't do anything at all. Ive tested from different computers too, and used Windows and OS X
That's really really weird...no one else is getting those errors; it seems to be working perfectly now, including the Find User function. Check your firewall/security settings.
Kerm, I am on the wrong side of the planet, I an west of you, but east of the pond

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours