It's not perfect, but that still looks awesome. My nostalgia just kicked in hard-core.
tifreak8x wrote:
But it is only going left one, then right one, then right again, then back left. I think. I'll have to look in on that..

It skips down a pixel and left a pixel simultaneously, which at that scale looks less like a "wobble" and more like returning to the first frame of a GIF that wasn't looped correctly. When I made the sprites for the animation, I avoided a 45-degree spin and opted for a more vertical one instead. Re-using those frames for a hard diagonal movement seems "off", hence my idea to bring that lowest frame right a pixel.
I will give it a shot and post a screenshot of it up when I get a chance, and we'll see Smile And you're right, it does go down and up too. Guess it would need a better resolution for that to look a little more correct ^^;

And now?
Ohh, that definitely looks good!

And theeeeen~?
After a challenging session expelling the earlier animations from my mind, I can say with a clear head that this is my favorite wobble.
Haha, well, glad we've gotten that finished.

Now to go look through the notes I printed out, see what it is I can figure out on deciding how many wobbles and such to show.
Dat wobble. <3
I quite like it. With the puff that comes out when the pokemon is released, though, I think you should xor them like initially intended, so itlooks more like a puff. I know when capturing it didn't working because the pokemon was in the way, but there's no pokemon when it's broken out.
Merth, it's -all- being xor'ed. I've replaced the file benryves gave me with the one Kerm edited. I'll see what I can do about changing it up a little I guess? I didn't want to change it around since that's how it looks when the pokemon is there, I figure it should look the same the otherway as well.
But you're not xoring it on top of each other, you're xoring to erase and then xoring to draw. So, like, it's three sprites, right? S1, S2, and S3. I assume this is what you're doing
xor S1
xor S1
xor S2
xor S2
xor S3
What you should be doing is
xor S1
xor S2
xor S3
I like the animation, but it seems kind of jerky on the release puff of the pokeball, also will the game feature animated attacks? just wondering Very Happy
It's in the thought process right now, but not guaranteed. At this point, just making battles work is the top priority. Got to make sure I have enough room for everything, first. :p
merthsoft wrote:
But you're not xoring it on top of each other, you're xoring to erase and then xoring to draw. So, like, it's three sprites, right? S1, S2, and S3. I assume this is what you're doing
xor S1
xor S1
xor S2
xor S2
xor S3
What you should be doing is
xor S1
xor S2
xor S3
Seconded on this. I think that TIFreak8x is indeed doing the former, and I think that the latter would indeed look better.

Ok, this is what I'm shooting for. However, at the end of the cycle, notice the remaining cloud sprites? I need a sprite like those to clear them out. :< Otherwise, I end up with a nasty mess. I could cycle back through the sprites backwards, I guess, but that wouldn't be right, since clouds don't do that. I did finally manage, after about an hour's worth of work, get those sprites all lined up. Now to just make the remaining bit of sprites go away.
I think just redraw that final pattern one time.
It won't work. is what they look like individually. :<
Right, so:
xor S1
xor S2
xor S3
She drew them to layer on top of each other without erasing the previous sprite.
merthsoft wrote:
Right, so:
xor S1
xor S2
xor S3
She drew them to layer on top of each other without erasing the previous sprite.
Aye, but then he needs an S3' which is (S1 xor S2 xor S3) in order to erase the final result.

Page 12 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours