I registered my calc, but I have no idea what this is and what you do on it. can some one tell me? It sounds like a way to send calc programs back and forth through FTP or something.

-Swivel
OK, there's two things here, CALCnet2 and gCn (global CALCnet2). CALCnet2 is going to be a software sytem embedded in Doors CS allowing the interconnection of up to 254 calculators at a time on a local network, probably using some kind of cheap signal hardware. gCn is a system of connecting various CALCnet2 networks across the internet by plugging a computer into a CALCnet2 network via a graphlink or silverlink cable, so that the computer will be emulating just another calculator on the network. However, it will be able to provide data to the network, depending on what kinds of modules I can get written for it, such as http, ftp, im, pop/imap email, etc.
oh ok, so is this going to be available once DCS6 is out?
It not only should be available, it's going to be built into Doors CS, so anyone with Doors CS will automatically have a CALCnet2-enabled calculator. I've been threshing out some of the details of it with the folks over at Maxcoderz.
threshing or thrashing...? Razz
lol...it's a close call, but they seem to have settled down by now.
Just wondering, will this support the direct usb cable that comes with the 84 calculators? Confused
it might now that TILP has support for it, it will be easier to do, but we shall see.
Since elfprince13 and Kllrnohj are using TiLP, yes, it will indeed support it.
CompWiz wrote:
Just wondering, will this support the direct usb cable that comes with the 84 calculators? Confused

It will support whatever libticables supports (aka, Tilp), as the computer side of GCN will be directly using that library for all calc-computer communications, it can immediately use whatever libticables supports. Now that libticables has full direct USB support, it can (and the internal beta does) support it.
Absolutely. And since I plan to make DCS6 allow link selection between the I/O and usb ports, all shall be well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours