Since creation of tables for menu bars and tabs are hard and tedious as the tables can be complex, I decided to write a tool in java to make it simpler.
As of right now only part of it works (the tab creation part) because that is the time I've had.
Once this tool is complete I will distribute it with all new versions of WZGUILIB.
It works on Windows and it should work on Mac and Linux, but I dont know for sure since i dont have any of those operating systems.

This will generate a tabData.lua file in the directory of the jar file.
If you have questions just ask.

location of the zip containing the jar:

http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12036.0;attach=12828
so just a quick update, OS 3.2 seems to draw strings in diffrent locations by a couple of pixels, so I have to revisit my old code.
Any word on how this is coming along on prizm?
jwalker wrote:
so just a quick update, OS 3.2 seems to draw strings in diffrent locations by a couple of pixels, so I have to revisit my old code.
Awesome, just the sort of lovely thing that TI does to programmers. Sad
jimbauwens said that it has to do with the location parameter being unstable. So it seems if I want to have it work on both 3.1 and 3.2 I will have to change the paramater frome middle to top.
Unstable? That seems like an odd thing for a parameter to be; what does he mean by that exactly? Anyway, good luck working around it. May I ask how the Prizm version is advancing?
KermMartian wrote:
May I ask how the Prizm version is advancing?

I would like to know also.

And I have some additioonal questions.

Will the prizm version have a cursor?

If so, will it be controlled with the arrow keys only, or will it be like the geometry addin which uses the number pad also?
It will contain a cursor, and it may be possible to use the numpad.
On another note, it has been very slow going, so far this summer I basicly have worked and have been away from my computer alot more than I thought I would. Dont worry though, I deffinately will be working on it soon.
jwalker wrote:
On another note, it has been very slow going, so far this summer I basicly have worked and have been away from my computer alot more than I thought I would. Dont worry though, I deffinately will be working on it soon.

Cool! Smile

Also, how is it going to handle the tiny screen of the PRIZM (compared to nspire)?

Will it have support for multiple windows?
It will function exactly the same as on the nspire, so yes. The small screen is one of the challenges that I face, along with a few other things. Also I would like to read the PRIZM tutorial that is bieng developed first so I have a better understanding of the calculator and alot of its functions.
General Update.
First I will be testing, and probably switching to, a new 'library' system. This solves the problem of styles and a few other things.
What I am doing is placing major code into a seperate file, it works almost like a DLL and will give the programmer the ability to switch between installed styles.
Second I also am starting the 'Programming with WZGUILIB' documentation. It will be written in html. I am writting it in web matrix but as long as I dont use any asp.net stuff it should work on other OS's.
I happy to announce that I have successfully tested the new 'lib' system and it seems to work.
What I did was I put all of the paint code into a file outside of the main file. Once the Nspire loads the main file into memory, it will load the 'libs'. I tested this on the computer first, and then I tested it on my old light blue greyscale Nspire. I will post links to the files soon.
What this will allow:
A way to easily create styles.
Allow the programmer to change styles durring execution.
*Allow only certain libs to be loaded.

*I havent implemented this in the files.
flyingfisch wrote:
jwalker wrote:

Cool! Smile

Also, how is it going to handle the tiny screen of the PRIZM (compared to nspire)?
... are you trolling? The Nspire has a 320x240 screen; the Prizm has a 396x224 screen. Which one seems smaller to you...?
KermMartian wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
jwalker wrote:

Cool! :)

... are you trolling? The Nspire has a 320x240 screen; the Prizm has a 396x224 screen. Which one seems smaller to you...?

I believe that he is mistaken about some specs. (I've not known him to troll, especially in favor of the Nspire in comparison to the prizm).
Realy quick question, Is anyone working on an emulator for the prizm, because my 90 day trial probably dosent have that much longer to go. Also could someone point me into the right direction for tutorials on low level graphics in C, they are very hard to find.
jwalker wrote:
Realy quick question, Is anyone working on an emulator for the prizm, because my 90 day trial probably dosent have that much longer to go. Also could someone point me into the right direction for tutorials on low level graphics in C, they are very hard to find.
Sadly, no one is working on a complete Prizm emulator at this point, because we just don't know enough about the hardware. not to mention that people are busy with other projects. Low-level graphics are not universal across different platforms for which C can be compiled, so you're better off just asking your questions in a Prizm-specific manner. You should also check out WikiPrizm as well as the Useful Prizm Routines topic.
So today I decided to see what WZ may look like in C. I created one header that contains the Form struct, and one function, formPaint(Form *f). The form struct isnt complete, I just needed it for the shape and title of the standard form, and I must say I dont think it will be hard to rewrite it in C.
But since my Prizm emulator trial did run out, I will have to develop the main headers in Nspire C, and then when school starts, download an emulator there and complete the port to the Prizm.
I dont know how long it will take before I can release any version for the Prizm or Nspire, because I must finish at least a releaseable beta version of WZGUILIB 3 written in lua. But in the mean Time I will work on rewriting bits and pieces of the lib into C.
Ive been busy in the past few weeks...
First I fixed a bug in forms that drew it 22 pixels short.
Then I changed dialogs so that they properly interact with forms on the screen, as I promised.
Then I added the input Dialog.
Then I gave forms the option to be drag resizeable.
Then I made a control class to check mouse clicks and do other stuff.
Then I added the ability to use the tab key to scroll through controls.
Then I added a feature that when a control is selected it has a dotted rectangle drawn around it, exceptions are textboxes, their carrot is drawn.
Then I added the use of the backtab combination to scroll through windows.
Then I added the ability to use the arrowkeys to move around a selected window.

And now with the news of LuaZM, I am jumping with joy because I dont have to port any of this to C. (Not that I dont like C, WZGUILIB is already written in lua.)
Well, first I need to implement the console I/O library and a simple graphical library for you, but yes, this will be good for you. Smile Great job on all these improvements, at any rate; are these mostly just for the Nspire, since you said it's currently entirely Lua?
most code in WZGUILIB is lua code, such as checking clicks are prety much completely lua, class code bieng the exception( there is a realy easy way to do the classes, it is even posted on omnimaga because TI either told adriweb or jimbauwens how they did it).
Nspire specific is the drawing code(not that big of a deal) which is the lua type user data, the on. events(probably easily implemented, TI-Nspire Lua is event based). Any way I guess I look at it, It will be realy simple for me to port it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours