How many members live in the UK ?
Yes
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

Just downloaded the latest copy of Kerm's excellent book. It's very well written and there is something for everyone. I like the software development theory and introduction to ASM. Unlike other books which introduce programming concepts, it does not patronise the reader. Despite the common acceptance that TI Basic is somewhat weak as a programming language, I think it still stands up well although its a little slow if the structure of the code is poor. The best similar laguage for a small device was OPL for the PSION range of hand-helds in the 80s and 90s. It was highly proceduralised and was translated rather than compiled or interpreted. Well done to Kerms - I don't know how he finds the time to do all this stuff - but its good to share the knowledge.
Has anyone else read his book yet..? You can grab it here: "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus"
Welcome back to Cemetech, ti83head. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed both the content and writing of my book, and that the general lessons in software development theory showed through. To be honest, finding the time to write the book was a bit difficult, and my non-work programming projects suffered as a result, but I'm happy with the results of my time investment. As for your poll question, I know that at least benryves is a British member, and the not-very-dependable Cemetech Usermap says that at least four other posting members are in the UK.
I'm waiting for mine in the mail! I'll contribute my thoughts when I get it.
elfprince13 wrote:
I'm waiting for mine in the mail! I'll contribute my thoughts when I get it.
Thanks! I finally got my box of copies yesterday evening, and it's thrilling to hold the tangible results of all my hard work in my hand at last.
My copy arrived a few weeks ago, and I must say, it's fantastic. I like Kerm's writing style, and the exercises are fun and rewarding. I also like the fact that he encourages you to make your programs as clean and as optimized as possible.
ElectronicsGeek wrote:
My copy arrived a few weeks ago, and I must say, it's fantastic. I like Kerm's writing style, and the exercises are fun and rewarding. I also like the fact that he encourages you to make your programs as clean and as optimized as possible.
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoy my style and content! Out of curiosity, did you get your copy from Amazon? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
ElectronicsGeek wrote:
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoy my style and content! Out of curiosity, did you get your copy from Amazon? Smile

I did indeed!
Do you think I might be able to induce you (and all the others of you who got the book from Amazon!) to write a short review on Amazon? Smile I understand that you'll all be honest in your reviews; I wouldn't want it any other way.
Will do Kerm! Smile

EDIT: completed. Cool
EDIT2: first one. like a boss
parserp wrote:
Will do Kerm! Smile

EDIT: completed. Cool
EDIT2: first one. like a boss
Many thanks! I hope many more readers will follow your read and enjoy the book as much as you. The review was great.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours