KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, but then it looks ugly stretched by the OS

usually, i find the OS can stretch DOWN just fine, but stretching UP is where it lacks (course, making data from nothing has gotta be hard...)

but if you insist on multiple res's, just hit the big ones

1600x1200
1280x1024
1024x768
800x600

all saved at as high-quality as possible (PNG's and JPEG's - gifs shouldn't be used for such a large image)
I did the gif for the web sample, and the png for the actual use - check the first post.
looks really good to me Kerm Laughing
but i would use white instead of yellow glow
Yeah, I might agree with you on that. Or an electric blue.
hey, I just made an icon that can go right were the double ^ is. Its really cool, it looks like the background but once you move your mouse over it inverts colors. Once you click on it, it takes you to cemetech.net. Quite cool actually. ONLY PROBLEM, I have to buy a $70 program to get it to be a stand alone widget. but I can probably find another WindowsGUI Devpack that is free(I did once but forgot what it was). Anyway if any one has DesktopX tell me, and I can post the icon. (I will edit this post once I get some screens.)

-Swivel
Post it up anyway.
Ok, you should be able to go HERE to download it.

if not i'll try again later.

Screens:
No mouse over the widget:

Mouse over widget:

When ever you click it, it opens IE and goes directly to cemetech.net Very Happy . you can download the DesktopX at http://www.stardock.com.

Hope you like it(Right click on it and click properties to take off(and on) the move lock on it.)

-Swivel
Nice, nice.
IE, IE, IE... It needs to open FF
rivereye wrote:
IE, IE, IE... It needs to open FF

I'm guessing it jsut opens in the default browser...
yah, it does, sorry I did'nt say that.

-swivel
Hehe, cool. But there's no way to use it without DesktopX?
Not, unless I get the full version of DesktopX and make it an exe file, which I may get off of limewire in a sec. But DesktopX is about $70 for the pro version which is the only version that lets you make it into an EXE. Hold on, I am going to search on Limewire real quick.

-Swivel
try torrentspy...
KermMartian wrote:

yup, use the built in web desktop "feature" of windows XP Laughing (i think other versions also have web desktop - dont' remember which ones tho...lol)

Display Properties->Desktop[tab]->Customize Desktop[button]->Web[tab]
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

yup, use the built in web desktop "feature" of windows XP Laughing (I think other versions also have web desktop - dont' remember which ones tho...lol)

Display Properties->Desktop[tab]->Customize Desktop[button]->Web[tab]

You mean ActiveDesktop?
http://www.cemetech.net/img/dcs/dcs6/promo/dcs6_3d.gif [1400x1050]
-------------------------
Surprised ....That is an awsome BG Kerm. I'm downloading it.

-Swivel
Thanks Smile It's gonna be the BG on my new tablet when it gets here within the hour!!
Nice!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours