Kuro wrote:
If I decide to submit a program, do you have the program on your site or just link to it?

i think he'd host the file on his site - at least, thats what it sounds like

you can also host on my site, i take uploads Wink
as do I now
Kuro wrote:
If I decide to submit a program, do you have the program on your site or just link to it?

Well, I need a temporary URL then I can download it, you could send it through e-mail also. But I will host it once I can get it. Just send it through e-mail or something. Just something temporary.

-Swivel
Ok. Could you could just put a link to the file that I have on ticalc? Then I could use ticalc's download trakcer to count dl's from both sites for convenience.
or you can use mine also. It will keep track (now that Kuro has some files at my site (they were approved))
I saw that when I checked today. Soon my archive domination will be complete!! Evil or Very Mad
either way, I should actually try them out (being it was you, you were preapproved)
Very Happy
If you ever need help approving files, I would be glad to do so
my uploads/archive supports tracking downloads and allowing for others to add comments....

upload approval not needed, free registration is (and, i notice, you've already uploaded Wink )

Note for search: the site is indexed every 30minutes, so it will take at least that long for any new uploads to be available in the search
That might be problematic if a lot of people start visiting the site.
I think even after the upload, the file should be approved by an admin or owner of the site.

btw Kuro, I don't need help at the moment, BCTurk is another admin there, and is more than I need. Maybe if I grow even larger I might consider it.
You don't want to risk Josh Frisby finding out about your site and swarming it with c**p.
well, I am going to now personally review each files before it is posted.
Kuro wrote:
Ok. Could you could just put a link to the file that I have on ticalc? Then I could use ticalc's download trakcer to count dl's from both sites for convenience.

Yes I could. Thats what I did with DoorsCS 5. so that would be fine. What program do you want me to add to the archives?

-Swivel
Kuro wrote:
That might be problematic if a lot of people start visiting the site.

Why? A 30 minute delay (give or take - depending on how close it is uploaded to the next cron task) for the upload to be indexed is alot shorter than the day+ at ticalc.org....(and the search at my site doesn't suck a)
Kuro, looking trhough the stuff on my server, your actuall files didn't upload. I had to delete the stuff. Try again, I fixed a bug when an error occured.
Yeah, I'm working on writing a custom search engine for here.
oh, when you are done, me wants
You got it. It's probably going to do periodic indexing via a crontab, and store data in a mysql database.
Kerm, I got DoorsCS uploaded on my site, its under archives other. If any one else wants me to host your there programs or games, I will. I am going to get alot more organisd and do alot more to my site. By the way the skin thats one my site now is just temporary, it was a little template I made, if you guys have any ideas for my site i would love to see 'em, I need a new skin. I am looking for mostly grays and blacks, not a big fan of lots of color, unless its grays and blue grays. Those are the best.

-Swivel

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours