As you know, porting to the TI-82 begain quite a while ago, and a buggy demo was released soon after. I have been playing through the game, and made it halfway through map level 2, and accidentally corrupted my save file (I was experimenting Very Happy) Now I have to replay the game, but so far, everything is functioning better than the 83+ version ever thought of. I also found another optimization that I was able to do, because before I didn't give it much thought. Thus far, there have been 23 bugs found and killed, with many more on the way, I am sure. Smile

Just thought I would update everyone so they knew it was dead...
Bug report: 2/22/2006

Unresolved Bugs:
None, at the begining of the second tower

Resolved Bugs:
-Displays list element instead of defense amount
-Displays list element instead of EXP gained
-Does not detect event routine
-When enemy doesn't have MP, keep mp subroutine away from the AI
-Text for village needs moved up and option 5 needs centered
-Shop uses WC (clearing routine) instead of WT (Waiting routine)
-Inn option 1 is too high on the screen
-Can't talk to king; missing an End statement Rolling Eyes
-Selecting magic from menu causes syntax error, magic does not work
-Can use items, but does not remove them once used
-After using magic, calc automatically attacks enemy again
-Does not add Ether when won from a battle
-Chest 1, tower 1 does not work; missing and statement Rolling Eyes
-Enemy casts more than one magic if able to
-EXP/Levelup system not equating correctly
-Load data not detected if kiiled; was pulling from wrong list element
-Enemy data error; used ( instead of { for enemy list data
-Level always goes to 55
-Syntax error; didn't place " before text
-Village system, Inn does not work, pressing 3 to leave shop takes you to gossip
-Upgrading armor takes you to shop
-Leave option does not work for armory; forgot to code in! Rolling Eyes
-Does not teleport from king; changed wrong variable
-Map data E=6, F=1; did not store to correct variables
-Map data E=5, F=6; Forgot End statement Rolling Eyes
-Map data E=6, F=8; Forgot : between Then and o-> A Rolling Eyes

Anything with an Rolling Eyes at the end means it was a stupid mistake... Very Happy
Nice! That's some excellent bugfinding there. Now we need you to learn ASM so you can bugtest DCS6. Smile
does the TI-82 have any features the 83+ series doesn't?

Im thinking of copying and pasting the source into Graphlink and saving it as an 8xp
elfprince13 wrote:
does the TI-82 have any features the 83+ series doesn't?

Im thinking of copying and pasting the source into Graphlink and saving it as an 8xp

The TI-82 does not have any features that the 83 doesn't although the reverse does have additional feats (duh).
KermMartian wrote:
Nice! That's some excellent bugfinding there. Now we need you to learn ASM so you can bugtest DCS6. Smile

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Razz It would take me a long time to get good enough to try to bug test your code...
Not sure if that's a complement on the complexity of my code or an insult on the horrible spaghetti code I write. Very Happy Just Joking
You could take it as both, I imagine... Razz

Anywho, Beat tower 2, made it to the protal, and it didn't work. Sad Took me 15 minutes to figure out that I screwed up the list equation, so it works now ^_^

Right now, I am playing through the third land, and I just remembered how hard I had made it. Shock The first enemy I fought, caused 35 points of damage to me, and I could only cause 1 point back with the sword... Good thing there is magic... Very Happy
Wow, that's really challenging! How long has the gameplay been so far?
3-4 hours so far, I think. Smile I am just starting in on the third world, and it is really hard... Smile
How many worlds are there total?
I might have to download this to get some ideas
There are 3 world maps, which take up 25 screens, and 3 towers, which take up 41 screens. Smile 66 screens total, and God knows how many enemies... <_<

@rivereye: If you use the 83 and 83+ versions, don't laugh at the code please. It was before I became any good at programming... On the plus side, it is the only game I think that I have made that does not use one lbl... Very Happy
Not a single label?! How??
hey, my RPG doesn't have any labels quite yet, I don't plan on them either
It'd all while, repeat, and subprogs? That's intense...
That about sums it up, though I didn't use a Repeat in the first version of it, but am now since I am taking the place of all the Pause commands... And just think, that was the second game I made. Razz Not too shabby, eh? I went from using nothing but menu/lbl/goto statements, to not using one...

I can't remember where I saw it at (I think it was at basic guru), but it said something about being able to make a game with out using one, so I took it as a challenge, and did it.
Very, very cool. Do you think that using labels might help in a few places, or it's good as is?
The game works marvelously as is, there is no reason to downgrade the code with Lbls...

Take a look at AOD for the83+ with source coder. You will see how the game was constructed...
Will do.
Edit: Very nice! I'm impressed. Smile

Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours