Hey,

i am using TI-89 and i wonder if it is possible in TI-BASIC to read data from another file.
I would like to have my database in separate file and than based on user inputs, some numbers from database would be stored in variables of main program.

Thanks for answers.
From matrices, lists, data, and vectors: Yes!
From programs, text files, and app data: not that I know of.
cvsoft wrote:

You can save to app variables (app data) through the use of TI Basic Libraries. You may even be able to edit/save to programs as well. The DCS7 BASIC Libraries may support this feature, but I can't find a relavant link to give you.
comicIDIOT wrote:
cvsoft wrote:

You can save to app variables (app data) through the use of TI Basic Libraries. You may even be able to edit/save to programs as well. The DCS7 BASIC Libraries may support this feature, but I can't find a relavant link to give you.
ComicIDIOT, sadly, that doesn't apply to the TI-89. Smile I never made a Doors CS for the 68k series.
Oh. Kindly disregard my comprehension fail Smile
Ok thanks guys, i will just use matrix form than.

Are there any special size limitations. Storing mixed variables shouldn't be a problem right.
Now what is the simplest way to do this on a pc. With Ti-Connect (copy paste from Excel will work?), and than send a matrix to my program folder.
I have a problem again Smile

How can i export a table from Excel and save it as matrix to transfer on my calc.
TI-Connet only allows numbers, but i have text also.
In the future please don't double post, simply edit your previous post.

As for text, I don't think Matrices can have text in them. If you want text you'll need to do a string (or encode the text within the matrix).
Matrices cannot, but data variables can have text iirc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours