:6→B
:12→C
:For(A,2,B
:det(5,"rowSwap(NOTES",A
:sum(7,4,6,C,0,Ans
:C+8→C
:End
:End

What I'd like to be able to do is specify a line number to start in, and continue down. This current code only works for the first 6 lines.

What would need to happen is something like:

1. Put number in I
2. Goto A

In A:

1. Check if there are 6 more lines in front of the given line, so the text labels don't overflow the screen
2. Check if there aren't more than 6 lines in front of the given line (number of lines - current line <= 6)
3. Use a For( loop with the variables A,B,C to list the data in the given line as well as the lines ahead of it (6 max)

It seems simple, but I'm finding it hard to "twist" my current code to accomplish that goal. Can anyone help me out?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Could you step us through an example usage?
Sure.

Okay, so basically, imagine that you have six boxes on a screen. You have to read from an AppVar and put each line of it in those six boxes.

First, you have to find the correct AppVar. I do this by searching for the AppVar whose first line is "NOTELIST" - this is like a makeshift header.
Then, you have to check if that AppVar has enough lines to fill every box. Next, you have to actually read the AppVar and put the information in each box.

So, say you have an AppVar that looks like this:

Code:

NOTELIST
Eggs
Milk
Lettuce
Groceries
Food
Lakes
Random statements

If you did, say, 1 -> I, the first box would contain Eggs, the next Milk, the next Lettuce, etc.

Now, say you did 4 -> I, the boxes would look like this:

Code:

------------
Groceries
------------
Food
------------
Lakes
------------
Random Statements
------------

------------

------------

Notice how the last 2 boxes are empty.

Now, say you had an AppVar that looked like:

Code:

NOTELIST
I
Am
A
List

And I = 2, the first box would contain Am, the second A, the third List, etc.

This is basically what I want to accomplish.
I would do this in BatLib, using the newline BASIC token to seperate lines, I imagine you've probably done this already?

Code:

dim(67,{63
Input I
For(A,I,dim(54,63,0,"UNOTELIST")) //Calls AppVar NOTELIST
Ans+dim(67,{63})+dim(54,63,A,"UNOTELIST")
End

The specificed data would be stored in Ans. I would check to make sure my DBRead syntax is correct though. This is certainly possible in other Libs, but BatLib is what I know best as of now.
He's using the Celtic III library as included in Doors CS 7's Third Party Libraries. Welcome to Cemetech, Raguebantha; would you care to Introduce Yourself when you get a chance?
Just posted on the "Introduce Yourself" page, thanks for the welcome. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours