I try to avoid too many statistics posts around here, as Cemetech values the quality of your posts over quantity. We prefer that you write fewer, longer, clearer posts than answer topics just for the sake of making yourself heard and racking up your postcount. However, there are a few numbers that we must mention for their historical value and general curiosity. This post is Cemetech's 200,000th since July 25, 2004. Nine thousand of the posts were collected in the eight months afterwards on our defunct Invisionfree board, while the remaining 191,000 have been collected since March 14, 2005 on our current forum. From reading our Statistics page, we have also collected 3,667 users, 7,827 topics, over 9 million words, and over 20 million topic views.

Downloads from the Cemetech Archives have also been steadily increasing: we have 763 programs written by 156 of our members, and have together accrued over 112K downloads. Our most popular files:

1: [Prizm] Tetrizm v1.0 for the Casio Prizm, by KermMartian, with 2.4K downloads
2: [Prizm] Obliterate 1.0 for the Casio Prizm, by KermMartian, with 2.3K downloads
3: Doors CS 7.1 for the TI-83+/TI-84+, by KermMartian, with 2.0K downloads

It seems that the downloads are a bit biased towards me, although I have 51K downloads of my files, less than half of our 112K total. Help to push that balance away from me by uploading your own projects to the Cemetech archives!

Thanks to you all for over 8 years of diligent, intelligent posting on Cemetech! I look forward to millions more posts and decades of activity with the Casio Prizm and TI-84+CSE blossoming into increasingly popular calculators.

More Stats
Cemetech Statistics page
Daily and IRC statistics collected by _player1537

Woo! Will we reach 500k posts or 10M words first? I think we would reach them at around the same time.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Woo! Will we reach 500k posts or 10M words first? I think we would reach them at around the same time.
If it took us 200K posts to get 9.13M words, then we average 45.65 words per post, so the remaining 0.87M words will take 19K more posts, and will happen around 219K posts. At that rate, when we reach 500K posts, we should have 22M words.
I'm cruising for 10K posts, with right around the average postcount Smile
Congrats! Very Happy It's always great to see a calculator forum reach a 6-digit milestone in posts, now you reach a 2nd one.

Do you think at one point you will be able to integrate the old Invisionfree posts into the current board (not sure how well PhpBB would handle it without bumping current topic/post IDs, though)?
DJ_O wrote:
Congrats! Very Happy It's always great to see a calculator forum reach a 6-digit milestone in posts, now you reach a 2nd one.

Do you think at one point you will be able to integrate the old Invisionfree posts into the current board (not sure how well PhpBB would handle it without bumping current topic/post IDs, though)?

It sounds like the posts are already included, but maybe it's just in the post & word count and not the database. I'm not entirely sure.

Quote:
Nine thousand of the posts were collected in the eight months afterwards on our defunct Invisionfree board, while the remaining 191,000 have been collected since March 14, 2005 on our current forum.
DJ_O: It includes the counts, but the actual posts and topics aren't here, as comicIDIOT correctly guessed. I don't anticipate integrating the data into the current database at any point, though. Perhaps something for a day when I have nothing to do. Smile
Yeah, back in 2005, I remember you changed the post count code to manually include the IF totals, kinda like what MaxCoderz did once a few years ago after they got hacked.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours