I'm working on a very simple way to turn TI-BASIC in to Object Oriented Programming. It works on using a list to store objects objects made by a simple command. People will be able to write libraries for the program fairly easily by making a few programs. The syntax is yet to be decided but will probably be very simple.

Thanks for reading and please post feedback and ideas

◄Spud2451►
Any details on how this would work?
Ya basically you store the parameters in a list in the ans variable.
then you run the program and it will return a number to ans.

an exanple of making an object:

Code:

{0}
prgmOOP
ans→a
Will there be polymorphism and inheritance? How will those be handled?
Well that's all int he libraries written for the system but if your talking about making shapes an object I will probably make that part of the stantard library that comes with it. And what do you mean by inheritance
If you are building Objects from lists ad-hoc, you might want to look at the JSON model that JavaScript uses. With that, you have polymorphism and inheritance (prototype-based) and everything else, without having to have a ton of mechanisms for it.
spud2451 wrote:
Well that's all int he libraries written for the system but if your talking about making shapes an object I will probably make that part of the stantard library that comes with it. And what do you mean by inheritance
I have no idea what you're talking about with shapes... Polymorphism and Inheritance are pretty key concepts in OOP--if you don't have them it'll be hard to argue you have OOP.
merthsoft wrote:
spud2451 wrote:
I have no idea what you're talking about with shapes... Polymorphism and Inheritance are pretty key concepts in OOP--if you don't have them it'll be hard to argue you have OOP.

I originally claimed that I'd add OOP to Antidisassemblage (which ended up spawning OPIA / Antelope instead), only to discover that I was missing that distinction:

I think we are talking about added Object-BASED features. That is why I suggested looking at the idea behind JSON, because then it requires minimal work to provide [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prototype-based_programming Prototype based OOP[/url], which has the means for inheritance and polymorphism JUST by adding references to "prototype" objects to a simple object-based design Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours