krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
How would you make a key to display over F1, F2, etc... that executes a command? I want a message that says exit over the F1 key with the same graphic as an F1 key in other add-ins.

Displaying something over an F key is pretty easy - just draw whatever it is you want in the right pixel location. Getting a specific, shared image, though - I wouldn't know how to do that.
You could just draw text to that location with the small font and draw a box around it with lines. AFAIK, there isn't a specific syscall to do that.
what do I put in place of int back_color for mini text?
souvik1997 wrote:
You could just draw text to that location with the small font and draw a box around it with lines. AFAIK, there isn't a specific syscall to do that.
There is a specific syscall to display one of the pre-defined images, but they're just images, not text and a border. SimonLothar's Insight Add-In (with his Prizm CHM) will get you the numbers for existing images.

Krazy: Note from PrintMiniFix on WikiPrizm that COLOR_WHITE and COLOR_BLACK are there: Mini text uses the 16-bit colors instead of TEXT_COLOR_* colors.
what is GetMiniGlyphPtr supposed to be because I keep getting an error that says

Code:

C:/Users/krazy_000/SkyDrive/Documents/Programming/Prizm/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/Ti
cTacToe/src/Main.c:144:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'PrintMiniGl
yph' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
It gets a pointer to the font data for a particular character. You should try the routine that Merth wrote that wraps around PrintMiniGlyph (if you aren't already), and make sure you have the proper header that defines it.
KermMartian wrote:
You should try the routine that Merth wrote that wraps around PrintMiniGlyph (if you aren't already), and make sure you have the proper header that defines it.

Where do I find that routine?

Edit:
nevermind I got it working
PrintMiniFix is ugly because smaller-width chars (the space, "i" and "l", for example) get printed with the same width as full-width ones, so I'd advise to only use that when you absolutely need fixed-width text. I don't know if it's the case but if it's not then I suggest using PrintMini (it is provided by the OS as a syscall, so as an added advantage it will save some add-in size).
You should read my tutorial on printing.
Ok here's my pickle:
Every time I go to the menu while in the middle of a game and go straight back into the game, I get the status bar printed to the top.
Any ideas on how to solve this dilemma?
EnableStatusArea(3); disables the status bar. See if that helps.
Where would it be placed in the code?
It's really close to 24 hours so...
*BUMP*
Items that will be in the next Update:
-One player will have the option to go first or second as X or O
-Two player will have the option to have X or O go first
-In any mode, you will be asked if you want to play again or exit
-Bumped version title to 0.1 instead of 0.01

(Update will come sometime this week)
Great, keep up the good work! I'm glad to see that you really seem to be getting into the swing of things with Prizm C coding. Did you manage to straighten out the Status Area issue?
No I can't figure out where to place it and so far all the places I've tried haven't worked.
Where would I place EnableStatusArea(3); in my code?
Before the part of the code where the status bar shouldn't be enabled. Like, at the beginning of the game.
Has someone bothered getting the fkey bitmap codes for the prizm?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
Has someone bothered getting the fkey bitmap codes for the prizm?
Yes, the INSIGHT program that Simon created can show the bitmaps for each of the FKey codes.
shouldn't someone put the codes or INSIGHT onto wikiPrizm so people can find it easier?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours