I could tell. Most people don't measure their memory in kilobytes. Well, except for calc programmers. Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kuro wrote:
Mad
By memory, then, if you are going to use such cheap method.

lol, that was a joke - who could seriously remember 10,000 digits of pi!? Rolling Eyes

The world record is 83,431...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4644103.stm
Kuro wrote:
I could tell. Most people don't measure their memory in kilobytes. Well, except for calc programmers. Laughing

lol, thats just how little mem it took - i could up it to like 1,000,000 decimal places - thats about 5 seconds to generate, and takes way more than 990kb Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
e = (e)
Copy/paste = cheating. Sad

Nice job Chip, you beat me! Now I must learn more pi...
I just have it remembered to the rhythm of that pi song with the robot. I don't think I can even get the first 10 without singing it to myself Laughing
Chipmaster wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
e = (e)
Copy/paste = cheating. Sad

Nice job Chip, you beat me! Now I must learn more pi...
I just have it remembered to the rhythm of that pi song with the robot. I don't think I can even get the first 10 without singing it to myself Laughing

Hehe, I hope to learn enough for Pi Day. Smile
All I know is what my calc has built in.

My favorite time:
March 14, 2015, at 9:26 AM and 53 seconds.
Mos' def. Any March 14th at 1:59:26 AM/PM is good too. Smile
How would you try to calculate the square root of pi? Very Happy
[2nd][x^2][2nd][^]... Smile
"To more than fifteen digits," I should have added.
foamy3 wrote:
Wow. Pi day '15 is going to be awesome!
9 years from now you're not going to remember you posted this, and it's gonna be like any other regular day. Uneventful and plain. Unless if you make some incredible discovery, it's your birthday, wedding day/anniversary, have a son/daughter, etc. Really people, pi is just another number. It's only the ratio of a circumference to a diameter. You don't see people celebrating "speed of light number day" or "byte day" or even "zero day" do you? Pi is no more special than any other number.
I would celebrate zero day if I could, but the year starts with the FIRST day of the year.

O,o March 14 is the 73rd day of the year! As in TI-73, the one with the number that's just out there.
Radical Pi wrote:
I would celebrate zero day if I could, but the year starts with the FIRST day of the year.

O,o March 14 is the 73rd day of the year! As in TI-73, the one with the number that's just out there.

People still celebrate St Valentines Day, St Patrick's Day, etc, even though the calendar is based on numbers and the names January, February, etc. Zero is used in way more places than Pi anyways. In fact, Pi couldn't be discovered if zero wasn't discovered. Humanity's knowledge of Pi was dependent on humanity's knowledge of zero. But the reality is they are all just numbers! Why don't we celebrate "scoial security number day" huh? It's a number so it should be celebrated just as Pi day is!
something1990 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Wow. Pi day '15 is going to be awesome!
9 years from now you're not going to remember you posted this, and it's gonna be like any other regular day. Uneventful and plain. Unless if you make some incredible discovery, it's your birthday, wedding day/anniversary, have a son/daughter, etc. Really people, pi is just another number. It's only the ratio of a circumference to a diameter. You don't see people celebrating "speed of light number day" or "byte day" or even "zero day" do you? Pi is no more special than any other number.
The hell I'm not, you little punk! That post should be grounds for bannage. Bad Idea
Surprised Surprised Surprised
Yeah, I said it. Laughing
But you didn't even post that message. Foamy did.
Radical Pi wrote:

Unfortunately, the leap year messes with it sometimes...
something1990 wrote:
But you didn't even post that message. Foamy did.

What? Confused
something1990 wrote:
Radical Pi wrote:

People still celebrate St Valentines Day, St Patrick's Day, etc, even though the calendar is based on numbers and the names January, February, etc. Zero is used in way more places than Pi anyways. In fact, Pi couldn't be discovered if zero wasn't discovered. Humanity's knowledge of Pi was dependent on humanity's knowledge of zero. But the reality is they are all just numbers! Why don't we celebrate "scoial security number day" huh? It's a number so it should be celebrated just as Pi day is!

You don't get it. PI is more than a number. It is a way that fellow "geeks" so to speak, can Identify themselves. The fact that it is irrational makes it intriguing and challenging. It can be used as a way to judge geekiness, by seeing how many digits you can memorize. You see, pi is more than just a number, its a symbol by which a group of people identifies themselves. March 14 is more of a day to celebrate these people and this subject of math, than a day to celebrate an irrational mathematical constant in and of itself.

Edit: John, he couldn't understand why you were defending foamy because your message sounded like he had attacked you. Which, actually, by attacking PI he was vicariously attacking us all. I guess some people just don't understand... Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours