I got it to work!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/downloads/bspritedemo.zip

It is a little slow, but comparatively fast for BASIC. Anyone see any optimizations that could be completed?

Also, run prgmE, and the screen dim doesn't matter, since it uses pxl-on(, which isn't dimension biased. Smile

/me so happy!!! Very Happy Laughing
Superbulous. Now I need to get my ASM one working to make this project really get shakin'. Smile
Well, Weregoose posted this:

Code:
X→T:Z→U
For(W,1,length(Str4
inString("123456789ABCDEF",sub(Str4,W,1
If 7<Ans
Pxl-On(U,T
If 3<8fPart(Ans/8
Pxl-On(U,T+1
If 1<4fPart(Ans/4
Pxl-On(U,T+2
If 2fPart(Ans/2
Pxl-On(U,T+3
T+4→T
U+(Ans=36→U
If T=36
X→T
End

His runs sooooooo much faster than mine... Crying And I wanted to post mine to ticalc...
Weregoose is excellent at BASIC...one of these days he should join the 1337.
Last night, in the shower, I was thinking about using inString(, but I was trying to figure out in my mind how to make the pxl on stuff work, without all the if statements... He figured it fairly fast...

I feel like such a n00b... Neutral
inString is always your friend. Smile
I know. Sadly, I didn't think of it fast enough...

Anyways, this will at least let me complete this little bit of the game. Smile
how much ram does a 8 char string take up?
not much, but the string size is 64 characters long, I believe (16x16 sprites)
KermMartian wrote:

I dont think he will. He started Weregoose Commons instead.

I found a backed up copy of my old Stat-Sprite program. It converts a binary or hexadecimal String into a stat-sprite of any dimensions. Slow to convert, but then you can use it in any program Smile
Cool. Smile

I am gonna modify it to detect whether it is an 8x8 or 16x16, the most common types, and display them. I might release it with both mine and his names on it, if he permits it...
I think I might have figured out a way for your BASIC program to use half the size for strings by using tokens, like ClrDraw, StorePic, i, GarbageCollect, etc to make a total of 256 tokens.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I dont think he will. He started Weregoose Commons instead.
It's Goose Commons, I'm the only other member. Razz

Lettersprites are the best by far (these:)

Code:
Text(-1,0,0,"aX0
StorePic 1
Text(-1,0,0,"mOt
RecallPic 1
Ah yes, I love doing that. My very first one was extracting the % sign from the finance I% symbol. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I think I might have figured out a way for your BASIC program to ue half the size for strings by using tokens, like ClrDraw, StorePic, I, GarbageCollect, etc to make a total of 256 tokens.

You will have to go into slightly more detail so I can understand what you are talkin about... Confused
a spell check might be in order.... as well. I have an idea what you are saying, but be more specific. and are all 256 tokens used?
You know that a 16x16 sprite is 16x16 bits = 2x16 bytes = 32 bytes, yes? Well, if you use a pure text string ("3A20BF..."), it works out to be 2x16x2 = 64 bytes per sprite, because each text char represents only 4 bytes. I'm thinking of a way to use tokens like ClrDraw, Ans, etc, which are stored in RAM as 1-byte values, to represent twice as much data (8 bits) per byte. In thinking about it I realized it would only work for the ASM one, but it would still save you 32 bytes per sprite...
but how many tokens are available....how long is the Catalog?
If that could be made to work, I guess that wouldn't be too bad... I am fairly happy with what is there currently... Smile
my idea + asm would be fast&small. Smile Always a good thing.

Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours