How does it compare to your asm routine?
Roughly 2 times as long (if it were to work). It would be much much faster, but there is the overhead from the administrative routines needed to run an ASM program from BASIC.
Wow, that is pretty amazing... Smile

I almost complete with one of the important sprites, and will see what he looks like on screen sometime today...
Alrighty. I think I will probably continue to work on your little proggie though, to see what I can do with it.
Cool, good luck. Smile

I am going to modify the current sprite engine to detect 8x8 and 16x16 images. Do you think I should include 32x32? I don't see too many games incorporating that size of sprites...
I think at uti someone mentioned a modification could produce 4x4 results.

32x32 is 1/6 of the screen, ? I think that's too big.
Well, 4x4 would be easy, though can you make a decent sprite in 4x4???

I think I will stick with 8x8 and 16x16...
Weregoose gave me permission to release the sprite displayer, and says the code it mine. I am still going to include his name in the readme, and will probably release it the same time I release the new Pokemon...
Awesomeness. I'll ask him if I can use it in some of my stuff.
This is what he sent me as a reply:

Weregoose wrote:
Hey Daniel,

I don't have a ticalc author page. The code is yours to keep.

–Kenny

My question was if I could modify it to detect 8x8 and 16x16 and upload to ticalc. Smile

I figure the readme will be quite fun to write...
Indeed. How does he not have a ticalc.org author page?!
he uploads his stuff to UTI only (assuming that's weregoose)
I think I will release my Conversion programs to uti, since it seems to be helpful, and they don't seem to have too many files in their archives...
Is the program only supposed to do 16x16 sprites? I don't know if you already made modifications so that it could make sprites of any size, but I made modifications so that a sprite can be of any height and any width multiple of 4. Well actually I modified the code that was on the forums at UTI. Anyways here it is:
BASIC Code wrote:
:Input "HEX DATA? ",Str1
:Input "WIDTH IN BYTES? ",A
:4A→A
:DelVar BDelVar C
:C→E
:B→D
:B+A→F
:For(G,1,length(Str1
:inString("123456789ABCDEF",sub(Str1,G,1
:If 7<Ans
:Pxl-On(E,D
:If 3<8fPart(Ans/8
:Pxl-On(E,D+1
:If 1<4fPart(Ans/4
:Pxl-On(E,D+2
:If fPart(Ans/2
:Pxl-On(E,D+3
:D+4→D
:E+(D=F→E
:If D=F
:End
:Pause
:ClrDraw
:ClrHome
:DelVar ADelVar BDelVar CDelVar DDelVar EDelVar FDelVar GDelVar Str1Output(1,1,"
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech

For this specific example, C and D were set to zero just to show a user how it is supposed to work, like a demo. In use C and D would be X and Y coordinates. I don't think I need to explain the rest. If you already made modifications so you can have a sprite of any size, then don't mind this. It won't be of much use for very large sprites, but for smaller sprites it would be useful.
I will probably do the changes tonight, and release it with Pokemon. There will probably only be a few additions to what I already have on my calc right now, as I am not using inputs, etc...
something1990 wrote:
Is the program only supposed to do 16x16 sprites? I don't know if you already made modifications so that it could make sprites of any size, but I made modifications so that a sprite can be of any height and any width multiple of 4. Well actually I modified the code that was on the forums at UTI. Anyways here it is:
BASIC Code wrote:
:Input "HEX DATA? ",Str1
:Input "WIDTH IN BYTES? ",A
:4A→A
:DelVar BDelVar C
:C→E
:B+A→F
:For(G,1,length(Str1
:inString("123456789ABCDEF",sub(Str1,G,1
:If 7<Ans
:Pxl-On(E,D
:If 3<8fPart(Ans/8
:Pxl-On(E,D+1
:If 1<4fPart(Ans/4
:Pxl-On(E,D+2
:If fPart(Ans/2
:Pxl-On(E,D+3
Very Happy+4→D
:E+(D=F→E
:If D=F
:End
:Pause
:ClrDraw
:ClrHome
:DelVar ADelVar BDelVar CDelVar DDelVar EDelVar FDelVar GDelVar Str1Output(1,1,"
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech

For this specific example, C and D were set to zero just to show a user how it is supposed to work, like a demo. In use C and D would be X and Y coordinates. I don't think I need to explain the rest. If you already made modifications so you can have a sprite of any size, then don't mind this. It won't be of much use for very large sprites, but for smaller sprites it would be useful.

Not bad! Good to see that you're getting better with optimizations.
I still have to write the documentation for the program... I am just going to leave as is for the moment. Smile
Good idea. Publish it! publish it! Smile
I will tonight, when I have time to actually sit down and write something. I figured I would have to go over the conversions, why things work, etc... Smile
That's sounds like a good idea, explaining how it works in addition to that it works.,

Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours