I only have 256 mb of ram. guess I wont be playing for a while Sad
You can still play with 256 RAM, as long as you have a decent graphics card and play in 800x600 or 1024x768...
Laughing I played Blobkland on my *ancient* *donated* 500MHz Celeron w/186MB of RAM through Cedega on Linux Very Happy I think your comp can handle it Laughing
Yeah, but what kind of FPS did you get? Rolling Eyes
blockland's not exactly what i'd call "graphically intensive", lol
orly? I would...although I guess not compared with the modelling of the vehicles I do into AutoDesk VIZ. Smile
Quote:
Yeah, but what kind of FPS did you get?

It's playable if that's what you mean Smile
Fair enough. elfprince needs to play then.
it wont load when I try to open run it....I get the full screen thing like its loading and then it quits.
Kllrnohj wrote:
blockland's not exactly what I'd call "graphically intensive", lol
Indeed, I find it amusing that Kerm is concerned about finding a tablet that will run BL. Blockland is probably the least graphically intensive 3D game possible (well, not quite, but almost). I think Kerm gets confused between graphically intensive and computationally intensive because he's always hosting -- not only does his comp have to handle the strain of being the server, but his maps are GIGANTIC. That means he's getting slowdown from massive amounts of data transfer, not graphical intensity.
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
blockland's not exactly what I'd call "graphically intensive", lol
Indeed, I find it amusing that Kerm is concerned about finding a tablet that will run BL. Blockland is probably the least graphically intensive 3D game possible (well, not quite, but almost). I think Kerm gets confused between graphically intensive and computationally intensive because he's always hosting -- not only does his comp have to handle the strain of being the server, but his maps are GIGANTIC. That means he's getting slowdown from massive amounts of data transfer, not graphical intensity.

True, true. I've found that ~700MHz, ~128MB ram machines can't play it at all though.
Ive got 933 megahertz, 256 megs of ram, and I cant get it too load.
Don't tell me...when it starts, you get 'an error has occured' or 'windows must close this application' ?
yeah....
Yup, that's not your computer, just your graphics driver. What's the make and model of your graphics card?
KermMartian wrote:
Yup, that's not your computer, just your graphics driver. What's the make and model of your graphics card?

I have no clue, since I got it for free from the college where my Dad works.
Start-->Settings-->Control Panel-->System-->Hardware-->Device Manager-->Display Adapters.
is there someway to fix it without buying a new card?
Absolutely. Do what I said and tell me what you see.
I will do that. just need to get home from school.....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours