So I've been trying to work with this website for awhile now. It took me until 4 in the morning at a friends house to finally get a rom image to work! Once finished I "saved" my project and went to sleep. Woke up all the work I had done was GONE. I was using my iphone and the computer I used didnt even have the project saved. Is this website one of those sites that make you reupload every time you try to use it because if so I need to stop wasting my time. Please contact me as soon as possible I've fighting with this website since I found out about it. Not very happy about my experience.
People have had problems with this before, and it is often because their project is near the size limit. Could that be the case here?
Jeffitus wrote:
People have had problems with this before, and it is often because their project is near the size limit. Could that be the case here?

Yep- I believe projects around or over 60kb are deleted for some reason.
Quick question: Did you give your program a name? It will not save if you don't name the program, annoyingly so.

That really sucks though. It's always a good idea to keep multiple backups of everything you do just in case as well. The site should be able to save and restore your projects though; so there is no need to reupload each time.

Hopefully your future progress sticks around in the future Smile
Hi there! Sorry to hear that your work appears lost. As you probably know, we're all volunteers who work on this site out of the goodness of our hearts, usually to the detriment of our jobs, relationships, sleep, and happiness. With that said, we do aim to make tools that work as well as possible, so there are two things that would be helpful:
1. First things first, rescuing your project: Was your project on the emulated calculator, saved within SourceCoder, or both? If it is either place, it can be rescued. If it's only on the emulated calculator, you can export it from the calculator back to SourceCoder. If it's only in SourceCoder, you can send it to the emulated calculator. If it's neither place, we certainly will look into what went wrong...
2. ...to that end, can you please give us more details on the steps that you took that we can use to trace the issue you encountered?

Edit: By the way, if you're ever struggling with how to use/do something, e.g. how to load a ROM onto jsTIfied/SourceCoder, please post on the forum or ask in the SAX chat over to the left! We have many active members from pretty much every time zone who are happy to help.
Belladonna94 wrote:
I was using my iphone and the computer I used didnt even have the project saved. Is this website one of those sites that make you reupload every time you try to use it because if so I need to stop wasting my time.

It sounds like you're bouncing between multiple devices, a computer and a mobile phone. Due to legal reasons we cannot store the ROM for you. Instead, when you "Upload" the ROM you actually upload it to the browsers storage, which also means you can't bounce between browsers on the same computer. So, in a way, yes you'll need to reload the ROM on any new computer/device you use.

As KermMartian stated, you can save your projects outside of jsTIfied by exporting them to SourceCoder. You'll then be able to load a ROM from any device and transfer the project from SourceCoder to JsTIfied, work on the program then transfer it back to SourceCoder. It's not very intuitive but our hands are tied with how we can approach this in a more friendly manner.

If you load jsTIfied on your first device (the iPhone?) your project should still be there. I'd check it out ASAP as iOS may purge Safari's storage, but if you're using Chrome or another browser on iOS I'd still check ASAP and export your project off jsTIfied and into SourceCoder. But we have no control with what the browsers do with their storage, as again our hands are tied with how we can approach this in a more friendly manner.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours