IES

IES is an online editor for TI-BASIC, Axe, and Grammer projects with stuff like syntax highlighting:

autocomplete and hinting:

and integrated sprite editor:

I actually started this project back in November as a proof-of-concept for my Catalog API, but it's expanded a lot since then into a really big project with a code and image editor (not just the sprite editor but a full one, for 8XIs). The code editor is TokenIDE syntax (as is comes from the Catalog).

To start using it, drag-and-drop some files (8XP, 8XI, TXT, GIF, JPG, or PNG, or ZIP with said file types) or click the + tab to create a new file. The editor has a tab interface; the idea is that in each project you have multiple files, like programs and images. Double-click a tab to rename or click the X icon to close.

IES also allows you to manage multiple projects at once, if you click the long white toggle on the left side. (The look of that toggle could probably be improved.) The four controls on the right are Save (save project online), Open (browse for files online), Build (generate and download a single 8XP containing all the files in your project), and Help (opens help contents).

Comments or suggestions? Post away!
The integrated sprite editor looks quite nice, and overall this looks very well done--great work! If you haven't done it yet, you should add the 84+CSE tokens to it:
http://merthsoft.com/TI-84+CSE.xml
Thanks Merth, that'll help a lot Smile

Are the new tokens all under $EF? (By the way, someone should update this and rename it sometime.)
Most if not all of the new ones are under $EF, but some of the other tokens had name changes as well. Your best bet for figuring out what changed will be to diff the files.
This program will help a lot with my Axe programs. Especially ones with multiple sprites. Smile

How do you use the "integrated sprite editor"?

Other than that, good job! Very Happy
Spenceboy98 wrote:
This program will help a lot with my Axe programs. Especially ones with multiple sprites. Smile

How do you use the "integrated sprite editor"?

Other than that, good job! Very Happy
You need to set the project to Axe mode first (click the project toggle, click the pencil icon next to project "new 1," and change the drop-down to Axe).

Then anything that looks like a sprite will pop up the sprite editor.
When I try to build it and send it to my calc, it says "Incompatible Type." Also I send it back to IES and the code it gives me is:

Code:
<br><table border='1' cellpadding='2' bgcolor='#FFFFDF' bordercolor='#E8B900' align='center'><tr><td><font face='Arial' size='1' color='#000000'><b>PHP Error Message</b></font></td></tr></table><br />
<b>Warning</b>:  filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for ./6CBOiW in <b>/home/a7554792/public_html/ies/index.php</b> on line <b>34</b><br />
<br><table border='1' cellpadding='2' bgcolor='#FFFFDF' bordercolor='#E8B900' align='center'><tr><td><div align='center'><a href='http://www.000webhost.com/'><font face='Arial' size='1' color='#000000'>Free Web Hosting</font></a></div></td></tr></table><br><table border='1' cellpadding='2' bgcolor='#FFFFDF' bordercolor='#E8B900' align='center'><tr><td><font face='Arial' size='1' color='#000000'><b>PHP Error Message</b></font></td></tr></table><br />
<b>Warning</b>:  readfile(./6CBOiW) [<a href='function.readfile'>function.readfile</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/a7554792/public_html/ies/index.php</b> on line <b>35</b><br />
<br><table border='1' cellpadding='2' bgcolor='#FFFFDF' bordercolor='#E8B900' align='center'><tr><td><div align='center'><a href='http://www.000webhost.com/'><font face='Arial' size='1' color='#000000'>Free Web Hosting</font></a></div></td></tr></table>
The server crashed :/

EDIT: The server's back up, so it should be working again.
Couple new things:
  • Image editor converts large color images more accurately
  • Sprite editor (inline) and autocomplete tooltips no longer cause the page to jump when they're at the bottom
  • Added hairline separations between pixels back into image editor (in case you're the pixel-OCD type like me)
  • Fixed mousewheel on code editor
  • New editor for List variables
Nice updates, Deep; I'll have to check it out at some point. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours