I was perusing This topic today, and I was wondering if any progress was ever made toward this so-called "teacher view" in Wabbit. Anybody know?
Mmcdonald: I'm unable to load the page in question, but are you talking about a large or magnified LCD view? If so, sadly, that feature was never implemented. However, you should give jsTIfied a try: If you click the Pop-Out Screen icon above the virtual calculator, you get a giant LCD that would be much easier for students to read. Please also let me know if there are any other features a teacher like you would like to see in an emulator like jsTIfied.
The feature I was thinking about was where the emulator could display the "Y=" screen, the Graph Screen, and the Table all at the same time.
Ah, I see what you mean. It can't display them truly at the same time because of limitations of how the OS works, but the emulator could be made aware of when you entered the Y=, Trace, and Graph contexts, and take snapshots of the current state of whichever context you were in. This would mean that only one of those screen views would be updating at any given time, but it might be nice for in-class demonstrations. Then again, the G-T split, especially on the TI-84+CSE, has all that information in a pretty easy-to-read view.
You know, I forgot the G/T mode even existed. Although the screen does get a little cramped when you use it.
WabbitEmu does indeed have a magnified LCD view—try View > Detached LCD. You can then resize the window it opens however large you want it.

Don't believe Teacher View ever got implemented though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours