Hehe, it's ok, I was a bit unclear; evidently elfprince13 was confused too. Smile
oh...okay...so once....
Very Happy True. And that was considered quitea revolutionary game.
its sad that ticalc didn't feature it. I think Contra is the most advanced pure Basic game Ive seen.
I agree that it's incredibly 1337.
I hope you dont mind me deleting your double post Very Happy
not at all. I hate when I hit submit twice. :/ Laughing
yeah, it is bad. I should try Contra out, might get some ideas for mine
Contra was preety neat graphics-wise, but otherwise I didn't think it was very good. It was BASIC, so it was expected that it would be sloooooooooooooow. Also it installs so many lists into your calculator, if you lose one it could mess up the game and you would have to go through the whole installation process all over again. Also, as a result of its speed it had controls that were very difficult to get used to.
Yeah, I ran into the same limitations re: speed vs. graphics with Civilization Simulator I.
woot for 84+SE Very Happy
Eh, but there's still impassable limitations of BASIC that can only be overcome with pure ASM.
news for you all, and mainly Jon Pezzino, that birdmanx35 has ceased posting here and basically left altogether due to some meannes regarding BPC.
When you say left altogether do you mean the calc community in general or Cemetech? Sad

edit: nvm, I checked the website.
*sigh* Just wait for DCS6, they'll rethink their stance. And in a few weeks/months/years, I imagine they'll be in our position and realize what Jpez was talking about, even though he wasn't very diplomatic about it.
It might have been truthful, but harsh. And regardless, now if anyone asks about us, they will tell people "Oh, they are all right, but there are mean people there that will make fun of your programming skills..." Sad
Yeah, which is a definite problem. Sad
I already knew I was a n00b when I posted here. I have already figured that out. And I haven't left completely, I think... I'll just stay away until I think I've de-n00bized myself. Meaning, three or so months. And yes, I probably will say that, with the addition of "but there are some nice people there".

You may still think I am a n00b. At this time, I probably am. But my next release won't be until BPC DDR- which I guarantee will prove I am not a n00b. You may think it will suck, but it will at least prove I know the basics and can handle that stuff. I also vow to make EVERY optimization I can find, so when I release it, it's worth your time.
Alrighty, well, I'll certainly try it to evaluate it.
It will probably take three months to gain respectable experience (I don't like using de-n00bized. It makes it sound like you're losing something when in fact you are gaining experience) It took me three months. I had a pleasant transition from n00b to experienced because I didn't go around boasting how my projects would be awesome. Just hang in there buddy.

Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours