I may or may not have time to work on a project, but if I do here is what I'll be doing. I plan on having mine be a game like thing(in how it has levels and goals) where you have to take a particle, charged or neutral, and start from a given point and go through magnetic, electric, and gravitational fields to reach another set point on the board. I'm not quite sure how I'll display the equations, but I do know there will be two different ways to move the particle, angry birds like pull back and putting in actual values for the velocity vector. I will be trying to do this in C and now that I've made a post about it I kind of want to work harder on finding time to work on it Razz
This sounds like a great idea, ruler501, and it will be particularly challenging to make it all work in C given that there's relatively little existing code for you to look at. I suspect that AHelper, with all of his GlassOS experience, may be a valuable resource for you (although remember that you can't share code from your project). I hope you do manage to make the deadline, and I encourage you to keep this topic updated with progress reports if it will help you stay on-target.
Right now I see the biggest conceptual problem as being able to make it obvious what is a magnetic, electric, or gravitational field. I was thinking of grayscale, but I'm not sure how to do that yet so that will be one of the first things I'll have to figure out how to do.
I will probably take lots of inspiration from the GlassOS source(with proper thanks of course) to help me figure out how to run everything.
ruler501 wrote:
Right now I see the biggest conceptual problem as being able to make it obvious what is a magnetic, electric, or gravitational field. I was thinking of grayscale, but I'm not sure how to do that yet so that will be one of the first things I'll have to figure out how to do.
I will probably take lots of inspiration from the GlassOS source(with proper thanks of course) to help me figure out how to run everything.
I think that grayscale might be a bit of an extra challenge beyond getting C to work in the first place (especially since you'd need to set up an interrupt for that). Then again, if you're using GlassOS's code for inspiration, I know that it already has grayscale support, so you might be in pretty good shape after all.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours