Earlier this year, I created a group of programs used as a sort of Security measure against people who steal calculators (since they're like $100+). One program allows the use to turn the calculator off without actually exiting the program, another blocks the ON button to prevent breaking out of the program, one allows the user to change the passcode, and the fourth groups them together. The group worked fine and my calculator was secure, until I tried to transfer the group to a friend. I had updated his calculator to the version mine is at, 2.55MP, and the group worked fine on my calculator using that version. However, when I tried to transfer the group, the ON-blocking program (called ONBLOCK, I didn't write it) gave ERROR:VERSION. I didn't understand why, I tried to run my program again, and it would no longer work on my calculator. I didn't change any code, and yes, I WAS using the ONBLOCK program correctly. Does anyone have any idea as to why it no longer works?

-I HAVE tried re-downloading the program
-I DID delete the programs and restore the group
-I DID restore a complete backup of my calculator off my computer
hmm you can downgrade and try it then... os2.55 is tricky ...
It worked on that OS before, and stopped working when I tried to transfer it.
I assume you are sending them one by one; What happens if you actually let TIOS group them and you transfer the group and let the recipient calculator ungroup them?

Also, I'm getting two different points of failure from you. Are you implying that it sent fine and returns ERR:VERSION when the ONBREAK program is ran or that it return ERR:VAL:VALID when you transfer that program over? Is ONBREAK the only ASM program? Which ones are ASM/BASIC?
As far as I can understand, the only failure mode is when he runs Asm(prgmONBLOCK) and gets the Err:Version message. There's no difference in the ASM header on MP and non-MP operating systems, so I'm a bit baffled at that error.
comicIDIOT: I was sending the group, not one-by-one. I tried both, neither worked.

KermMartian: Correct.

I could post the code for each program, if it would help.

EDIT: Forgot to add some more info. No, ONBREAK is not the only ASM program, but it's the only one that breaks. And I get ERR:VERSION whenever I try to transfer it, AND when I try to run it.
Here are the program codes:

PASSWORD (allows user to configure password, name, etc. No issues):

Code:
ClrHome
Output(6,1,"Enter 'CLEAR' to")
Output(7,3,"keep current")
Output(8,5,"password"
Input "New pass:",Str2
If Str2="CLEAR"
Then:Goto E
Else:Goto Z
End
Lbl Z
End
Input "Confirm:",Str3
If Str3!=Str2
Then:Goto D
Else:Goto G
End
Lbl D
End
Output(4,1,"Passcodes aren't")
Output(5,4,"equivalent")
Pause
prgmPASS
Lbl G
End
ClrHome
Str2->Str0
Output(4,2,"Pass confirmed"
Pause
ClrHome
Goto N
Lbl E
End
Output(4,1,"Pass not changed"
Pause
ClrHome
Stop
Lbl N
Disp ""
Output(1,1,"Enter name:")
Input "",Str3
ClrHome
Disp ""
Output(1,1,"Enter grad year:")
Input "",Str4
ClrHome

OFF (allows user to turn calculator off within the program. Works, no issues here):

Code:
AsmPrgm3E01D303FB76FDCB09A6C9

OWNER (This is the main program, no issues with this)

Code:
0:Asm(prgmONBLOCK
ClrDraw
ZStandard
AxesOff
PlotsOff
FnOff
Text(1,3,"Program created by:")
Text(8,3,"Jacob Evenson")
Text(15,3,"Class of 2014")
Text(28,3,"(c) 2013                        Made for MHS")
Text(41,3,"Calculator owned by:")
Text(48,3,Str3
Text(55,3,"Class of "+Str4)
Pause
ClrDraw
ClrHome
Output(3,1,"Run prgmPASSWORD")
Output(4,2,"to change pass")
Output(7,2,"Type 0 to turn")
Output(8,7,"off.")
Input "PASSWORD:",Str1
If Str1="0"
Then:Goto C
Else:If Str1=Str0
Then:Goto B
Else:prgmOWNER
End
Lbl B
End
ClrHome
1:Asm(prgmONBLOCK
Stop
Lbl C
End
Asm(prgmOFF)
prgmOWNER

*You can see that this calls for ONBLOCK right at the beginning.

I have to upload ONBLOCK seperately, because SC won't accept the code. I have a Dropbox download link.
NOTE: To activate ONBLOCK

Code:
0:Asm(prgmONBLOCK)

to deactivate ONBLOCK:

Code:
1:Asm(prgmONBLOCK)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56438338/ONBLOCK.8xp[/code]

Code:
AsmPrgm(0:prgmONBLOCK)
AsmPrgm(1:prgmONBLOCK)

This is incorrect syntax. Here's what you actually want to do:

Code:
0:Asm(prgmONBLOCK)
1:Asm(prgmONBLOCK)
Whoops, just looked through my code, I had typed it wrong when mentioning ONBLOCK. Fixing now.
I downloaded the ONBLOCK version you had and looked at it in a hex editor. The version byte got corrupted to $FF, and the flag byte to $01. You can fix it by downloading a new copy from ticalc.org and deleting the one on your calculator, or I can email you the version that I manually fixed. That's what I suspected the issue was, to be honest.
THANK YOU.
Alright, new problem. Whenever I connect my calculator to my computer, I get this error. It has never appeared before, for anything.

"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."
fobby wrote:
Alright, new problem. Whenever I connect my calculator to my computer, I get this error. It has never appeared before, for anything.

"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."
Archive everything important and do a RAM Clear. Sounds like some ASM program has run amok over your calculator's memory.
Still doing it...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours